Author Topic: Teamviewer Lock on Session End  (Read 136379 times)

getmeek

Re: Teamviewer Lock on Session End
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2013, 05:45:06 PM »
I submitted a trouble ticket 7 months ago.  Here is the incompetent response:

"As a default this option is not active. When you activate the option to lock on session end it will save this option. Once this is active it will also carry to the mobile devices, and can only be disabled on a machine."

I responded: "That is simply not true.  I have never checked "lock on session end" to be on.  It turns itself on, randomly.  I never use mobile devices."

I have not received a reply during the ensuing 7 months.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2013, 04:10:31 AM »
maybe try posting on their facebook page : )
https://www.facebook.com/teamviewer

Danl

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2013, 07:57:51 AM »
Interesting to see this thread. I complained about it on the Mac TV forum a few months ago (Mac controlling remote Windows machine). Pretty aggravating, and ongoing. I get the impression that "Lock on Session End" does indeed turn on semi-randomly, but it also appears to default that way when the remote computer is rebooted. It's not a huge deal, as it just means that the remote computer is left in a logged-off state and someone needs to log back in, but it means that the remote user finds it that way. For me, the remote computer is in a secure location, so there is simply no reason to log the user off. I guess this is mainly surprising given that TV is in other respects a quality product. Now, if it's really true that the system doesn't always default to "Lock on Session End" when you tell it to, that's a major issue for people concerned with security.

Eric at PMA

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2014, 07:59:58 AM »
 >:(

I paid a lot of money for this...  Why can't I have control of it?

We (paying) users need an answer from TV about this.  The FB replies are all generic and offer no help whatsoever.

Corgano

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2015, 11:20:45 AM »
Add me to the list of users this really annoys. I setup my computers for remote tasks and use teamviewer to manage them, and the lock screen often interrupts tasks in the middle of execution.

There's a simple solution:
  • Add a global option to enable/allow/disable this "feature"
    Make it OFF by default
    Let users turn it on per device if they want to
    and Don't do any bullshit with detecting a locked or unlocked computer. This is most likely the thing that's messing up and annoying everyone.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2015, 04:35:08 PM »
according to a post on the teamviewer facebook page that has been running for a long time...

Thank you for the message. You can change the “Lock remote computer” settings in TeamViewer under Extras | Options | Advanced | Advanced settings for connections to other computers | Lock remote computer: Always / Never / Automatic. Please note that this setting is available for TeamViewer for Windows. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Best regards,
Julia - TeamViewer

so apparently if you change that setting  on your system it should prevent it from locking any (windows) computer you connect to.

Phred

« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2015, 11:38:15 AM »
But will it allow the remote computer(s) to be locked - when the user wishes it to be?
'Never' sounds final. As does 'Always'.
Let's see..

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2015, 12:08:26 PM »
I believe you can lock individual remote systems by using the teamviewer drop down on the remote machine.

tv-oh-admin

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2015, 07:56:36 AM »
I'm not seeing that option in version 9, is anyone else seeing that option?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2015, 04:29:48 PM »
 i recall the auto lock feature not being automatically implemented in 9....

srglassw

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2015, 10:11:09 PM »
I'm not seeing that option in version 9, is anyone else seeing that option?
On the Toolbar at the top of the screen under the Actions drop down select the Lock item and you have the option to lock the remote computer immediately or to lock it on session end. Is this what you are looking for?

Danl

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2015, 04:31:43 PM »
I *think* that setting the remote computer under "Advanced Settings" to "Never" "Lock Remote Computer" seems to help keeping it from locking itself at random, but TV on the remote computer still is in "lock" mode when it is rebooted (as in when the Win7 system automatically does an upgrade). That kinda sucks.

tv-oh-admin

« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2015, 08:31:38 AM »
Sorry i should have been more clear. I was saying that i'm not seeing the option to disable auto lock in version 9 under the advanced options. I can post a screenshot if that would help.

We have 4 corporate licenses and have debated upgrading to version 10, but the continual version upgrades haven't really added many features but have a huge added cost for a tool that is working.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2015, 11:02:04 AM »
im still unclear as to what you want...you just say the feature isn't there.  Do you want it?  Are you having a problem with auto lock?  do you not want it to auto lock, do WANT it to autolock?  What is your goal?

"if it aint broke..."

tv-oh-admin

« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2015, 12:19:35 PM »
I was hoping to disable the auto lock feature that is part of teamviewer now. I had followed steps included the quote you posted, but did not see the option listed when looking at my advanced settings. Hoping others would know how to find this feature as it wasn't visible to me with version 9.

according to a post on the teamviewer facebook page that has been running for a long time...

Thank you for the message. You can change the “Lock remote computer” settings in TeamViewer under Extras | Options | Advanced | Advanced settings for connections to other computers | Lock remote computer: Always / Never / Automatic. Please note that this setting is available for TeamViewer for Windows. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time.
Best regards,
Julia - TeamViewer

so apparently if you change that setting  on your system it should prevent it from locking any (windows) computer you connect to.