Author Topic: Can't get past Mac login screen on remote Mac  (Read 7492 times)

rockit99

Can't get past Mac login screen on remote Mac
« on: July 05, 2014, 03:15:02 AM »
Trying to access a new client's Mac laptop. I checked it was working before leaving, I also logged in remotely, twice, successfully.

Today I logged in from my iPhone successfully to quickly check on an ongoing disk operation, then realising the screen was a bit too small to safely perform an action, I logged out from the phone and tried to log in via my Mac. I got back to her Mac login screen and typed in the password correctly, but it's now stuck at that point, the password box is greyed out and the spinning pizza of death is there and then I spotted at the bottom of her screen a message that says "Call me if you want to access this Mac!". I've never seen this before and I have a LOT of Mac and Teamviewer experience.

I've checked with her and she's not done anything (she's not at the machine). I can't seem to find anything on the web about this and I can't figure out if it's a Mac or a Teamviewer problem. Force Quit doesn't do anything and Remote Reboot is greyed out. Any ideas?

matt

Re: Can't get past Mac login screen on remote Mac
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 03:55:46 PM »
Is there someone who can physically check on the remote Mac? I suspect that it has a window message waiting for someone to physically click 'OK' (or perhaps enter a user password)

Can you open a second connection to that Mac? Is that any different?

rockit99

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2014, 12:22:45 AM »
No no one's there until this morning! Tried various ways including second connection, no joy.

It's a very unusual message, never seen anything remotely like it.

I'm going there shortly to find out what happened.

rockit99

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2014, 04:46:55 AM »
Mac had locked up, just the spinning pizza of death. Had to force shut down.

I guess I'll never know what that problem was... weird.