Author Topic: Newcomer's Question  (Read 39918 times)

osh44

Newcomer's Question
« on: November 05, 2013, 06:39:46 AM »
Please forgive the question if it seems as though I am an idiot. I have tried to search the forum for a simple answer but without success.

I have just installed Teamviewer Free on my PC to enable me to help friends with their computers.  I can't seem to find an answer to the simple question "What do I have to do/download to their PC in order to be able to control it remotely from my PC?"  Presumably, since many of them are not good with IT (many being elderly), I have to be at their computer first to download the software and set a password (known only to me?) for me to be able to access.  Do I have to set their computer to start Teamviewer every time they start their machine?
Apologies again. Would greatly appreciate some advice.

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Newcomer's Question
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:47:37 AM »
are these folks able to access email and are you able to speak with them over the phone?

If they can access email i would start by sending them to this page:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/windows.aspx
 there you are going to ask them to look under in the "additional downloads" at
TeamViewer QuickSupport for Windows    
For the instant customer: TeamViewer QuickSupport
Simple and small customer module, runs immediately without installation and does not require administrative rights - optimized for instant support

and click on the button for version v8.0.22298 ( NOT the Beta version just below it)

OR you can send them this link and it will start a download box, you want them to save the file to their desktop.
http://download.teamviewer.com/download/TeamViewer_Setup_en.exe

Once that file is downloaded they can click on it and a window will appear like this:

They can tell you the ID and password, from there you could access their system , navigate to the teamviewer page and download the full version.
Install the full version and then configure to to start with windows by navigating to:
extras/options and putting a check mark in "start with windows".

You should also configure a custom password
extras/options/security
enter a password in the "personal password( for unattended access)" section
also in the section  "rules for connections to this computer" where it reads "windows logon", choose "allowed for all users" from the drop down".

you can save the ID and custom password in YOUR computers and contacts section of Teamviewer.

also, you may want to make sure the remote system is not set to "sleep" or "turn off hard disks" in the windows power settings as teamviewer will loose connection of the computer sleeps/hibernates/turns off hard disks.
right click desktop/personalize/screensaver/change power settings/change plan settings.

hope this helps.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 10:09:43 AM by admin »

osh44

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 10:09:48 AM »
Yes to both

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 10:11:04 AM »
edited with directions.

osh44

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 12:43:33 PM »
Thank you very much.

osh44

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2013, 04:22:46 PM »
That worked a treat. Thank you very much. Excellent support.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2013, 08:33:28 PM »
excellent ! Glad it worked so well.

Danu Irwansyah

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 08:00:33 PM »
Hello. i want to ask
my teamviewer id not showing, anyone can help me to solve this issue ?

aradii

• https://www.tehranlaserclinic.com/
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2020, 09:30:56 AM »
Hi guys, Sorry for my newbie question but I did not know anything about Teamviewer, until today, I had to give a guy at work the access to my PC to help me to set up something. I am kinda worried now. I deleted Teamviewer immediately after everything was done. I wonder if he can still access my PC? Help please, Thank you.

chalessmith

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2020, 03:29:25 AM »
After full logout, someone will be able to access your PC, unless you accept it.

anything