Author Topic: TeamViewer fcuks up my keyboard  (Read 57988 times)

kb_fckued

TeamViewer fcuks up my keyboard
« on: April 14, 2013, 06:38:33 PM »
There is something severely broken with team viewer and I've noticed that bug long time ago.
I use TV on multiple computers (my PC at work, home, my parent's PC etc) and I connect quite frequently between all of the PC to copy files or simply to control PC remotely.

I've noticed that from time to time because of TeamViewer my keyboard start behaving in a funny way. It's always different behavior and it feels as if a key got stuck in the keyboard. Today I've had the worst ever behavior: the Win key got "stuck". Pressing an 'e' would open explorer, however pressing shift+e would print capital 'E'. It was completely broken behavior, I was unplugging and re-plugging the keyboard, turning it off (removing batteries) but nothing helped. All that time I had a teamviewer file transfer window open to my work pc (that file transfer was open perhaps for hours if not days and was not doing anything at all).

I was about to reboot and then realised that it might again be because of buggy TeamViewer. I tried to open the filetransfer window and it wasn't opening, it probably got stuck/deadlocked or something like that. I killed the process and instantly the WIN key got "unstuck". WTF is wrong with teamviewer? I understand that it might need to capture keyboard in remote session, but why does it need to so anything with keyboard in a file transfer session? Anyways, it's buggy, please review your code. It's the most annoying problem that any piece of sw ever cause on my pc (just like some rampant virus).

matt

Re: TeamViewer fcuks up my keyboard
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 03:18:13 AM »
Sounds like 'sticky keys' to me
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StickyKeys

triejan

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 02:01:08 PM »
Definitely not sticky keys.

I notice this issue quite frequently, too. For me, ALT or TAB often stops working on the local machine until I bring up the TeamViewer window and press all the various modifier keys. This is particularly annoying when an app locks mouse input (a game, by design) and I can't ALT-TAB to any other windows. At that point I usually just CTRL+ALT+DEL to bring up task manager and kill TeamViewer; then everything works again.

Both machines are Windows 8.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 02:07:35 PM by triejan »

matt

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »
OP still sounds like sticky keys to me

You report a slightly different issue I reckon.
Do you have the option 'send key combinations' selected when using TV

clickright

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 09:55:36 AM »
OMG I thought it was just me! Yes this is TeamViewer!  v 8.0.17396.

Sometimes windows key is stuck, other times tab won't work. It's so annoying when pressing "e" opens explorer!!!!

clickright

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2013, 11:07:26 AM »
This MAJOR bug still exists in 8.0.18930, running Windows 8. Sometimes it will disable the Windows key, the solution is to close TeamViewer-- not very helpful!

ka1iban

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 10:47:37 AM »
I've got the same issue; it seems to move inbetween keys on my keyboard but often affects the Tab and Windows key. Exiting TV and cancelling/re-running explorer usually fixes it

denious

« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 09:23:52 AM »
My apologies for bringing back a dead thread, but I am experiencing the same issue and guarantee you that the culprit is TeamViewer.

To replicate I can follow these simple steps:

1. Launch PC. Try Tab key > works.
2. Launch TeamViewer. Try Tab key > works.
3. Start a remote session viewing another's screen. Try Tab key > works.
4. Switch to share your screen. Try Tab key > fails.
5. Close sharing session. Try Tab key > fails.
6. Exit TeamViewer application. Try Tab key > works.

I do have the option to pass key combinations to the other side turned on.

And obviously this has nothing to do with StickyKeys.

Running latest version 9.0.24951 on Windows 7 64.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2013, 03:24:34 PM »
open a ticket with support and post on their face book page as well( see links in my sig).  In the meantime maybe someone here will have a workaround.

clickright

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 06:13:11 PM »
When I submitted a support ticket back in July and suggested it stared happening around the time they added the search functionality to the Computers & Contacts list, this is that they said:

Thank you very much for your feedback.

It could be related. Please make sure that you are using the latest release within your Version. Also, please provide us with a net set of logfiles to further investigate the issue.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

P.S.: Now connecting you to iOS and Android – visit us here
http://www.teamviewer.com/products/mobile-device-support.aspx

Best regards

Juan Palacio
-Support Technician-

Anyways, I have now submitted another ticket with reference to my last ticket as well as the definitive steps to reproduce shared by denious (thank-you) so hopefully we can get this nasty bug resolved!! :)

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 06:38:29 PM »
excellent, thank you for your persistence.  I know it is frustrating at times, but hopefully worth it in the end.

clickright

« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2014, 10:35:49 AM »
Well, bad news from the TV Team :(

They are not able to reproduce this atrocious bug. This was their response this morning:

Thank you for your patience.

We have received word from our QA team. They advised that the issue was not able to be reproduced, using several different models / brands of keyboards.

Are you using a Bluetooth / wireless keyboard?
Have you tried utilizing a different keyboard to see if the issue can be resolved that way?

Thank you for your time. Please let us know if this issue is resolved by using a different (wired) keyboard.

Best regards,

Jason Dunbar
-Support Technician-
-----------------------

detonator

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 12:59:10 AM »
Facing a similar issue since TV version 7. My machine runs win7x64. Windows was installed newly several times, but the "bug" remains.
I am pretty sure it's related to the windows user locking mechanism.
If i have a TV session open and lock my machine (Windows-key + L) after logging back in my keyboard is fcuked up. I usually reboot, which fixes the problem.
Maybe it is also related to a open VMware workstation session.

sr-rg-bne

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 06:35:53 PM »
I've noticed this. Generally it's with the TAB key whereby it stops working locally.

It only ever happens when "Send Key Combinations" is checked.

When it happens I uncheck and immediately re-check the option to "Send Key Combinations" and I am again able to use my TAB key locally.

Let me know if this fixes the problem for anyone else without needing to restart the session?

Cheers

clickright

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 07:49:17 PM »
I've noticed this. Generally it's with the TAB key whereby it stops working locally.

It only ever happens when "Send Key Combinations" is checked.

When it happens I uncheck and immediately re-check the option to "Send Key Combinations" and I am again able to use my TAB key locally.

Let me know if this fixes the problem for anyone else without needing to restart the session?

Cheers

Hmm I think this may work. The problem is I'm usually working on more than one machine at once making this a very trivial task. For a very expensive piece of software, it should just work :)