Author Topic: Installing add-on: "No matching activity found"!  (Read 13265 times)

Aqualung

Installing add-on: "No matching activity found"!
« on: April 06, 2016, 09:48:00 AM »
Trying to control my CM13-flashed i337 Android phone (SGS 4 for those who don't know what i337 stands for) via TV Host's Remote Control feature. The Remote Control feature requires an add-on, that somehow does not get installed no matter what. I am pretty sure that root access is enabled. Any advice? Is there a way to download that add-on separately as a separate app?

Many thanks for an otherwise wonderful app!

Nonfamous

Re: Installing add-on: "No matching activity found"!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 12:19:07 PM »
Here are some instructions from an XDA thread, which worked for me (running CM13 on a Galaxy S5):

1. Install the Quick Support app from the Play Store.

2. Open the app and let it try to install the add-on (you'll get the toast saying "No matching activity found").

3. Find the downloaded add-on apk in your Downloads folder using a root-enabled file manager, and then copy it over to /system/app. Do not modify the apk, just copy it.

4. Reboot the phone and run Quick Support; it shouldn't ask to install the add-on anymore. Also, make sure you grant it root access when it tries connecting.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 12:21:14 PM by Nonfamous »

Aqualung

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 09:14:26 AM »
Tried this, did not work. Did it work for anyone else out there?

pockybum522

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2016, 07:15:36 AM »
No luck following the above instructions. Still prompts for add on, still get no matching activity toast :\

joecandle

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 06:28:44 AM »
The instructions of Nonfamous are correct except for 1 thing:

Teamviewer no remote control on Samsung S4 Cyanogenmod:
- Load addon and it fails
- Open ES file explorer. Allow root access
- Goto 0/Android/data/com.teamviewer.host.market/files/Download/     Important: This is where the add on has loaded, not in the download folder.
- Cut or copy the add on
- Paste it over to Device/system/app/
- Reboot

It should work then without asking for any add on.

Please note you will have to do this every time you update your Cyanogenmod firmware.

anything