Author Topic: Windows 7 locking our connection  (Read 6434 times)

chartmaker

Windows 7 locking our connection
« on: November 29, 2010, 09:04:11 AM »
Hi All

We use Team Viewer version 5.0.7 for connecting to clients machines but we do have problems when connected to Window 7 machines. If we run a program remotely as an Administrator the clients desktop is then locked for us remotely. We need to run our software once as an Administrator once we upload to their machines but as we get locked we have to talk the client through the installation. Does anyone know how to resolve this or if newer versions of Team viewer resolve this?

Thanks

ERS

Re: Windows 7 locking our connection
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 11:18:49 AM »
I would at least try to update to the newest version and attempt to connect remotely.
Describe "locked", you lose connectivity ?  how do you restore ?

chartmaker

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 02:03:20 AM »
Hi

When we are 'locked' we can see there screen but cannot use our mouse or keyboard, we have to ask the client to carry out the actions. If the program is closed, that is being run as admin, we gain control again as normal.

Thanks

K-pasa

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 12:35:58 PM »
I've had the same issue.  I have the latest versions of Team Viewer and my mouse is a MS Wireless Laser with multifunction buttons.  My problem happens when I accidentally pressed on the "Back" button on my mouse.  After that I have to click on the Ctrl-Alt-Del function in the toolbar, then click cancel with the mouse.  Then all is back to normal for a while.  To really clear it up, I've had to reboot / restart the computer and or Team Viewer.  There is a trick that I have that allows me to restart the TV services, I can forward that if you want.

anything