Author Topic: " A connection could not established"  (Read 21946 times)

bigt95

" A connection could not established"
« on: June 25, 2011, 04:53:08 PM »
Hello all,
I'm new to team viewer.

I have loaded tv6 full version on 4 remote systems to see if it will meet my needs, before purchaseing

1. Dell/vista < works ok for both inbound an out bound connections>

2. HP laptop/win 7 home < works ok for both inbound an out bound connections>

3 Gateway laptop/win 7 home< works ok for both inbound an outbound connections>

4 Samsung laptop/win 7 home < works ok ONLY for outbound connections> all inbound connections fail with an error message:

"A connection could established."
"A connection to the requested partner could not be established."
"Please check TeamViewer and the Internet connection on your partner's computer".

ALL inbound connections fail not only for the three installations above but inbound connections from tv support.
I talked to tv support folks and was told that it was the security software so I disabled it. This didn't work, so I uninstalled the security software and this didn’t work either. I have uninstalled tv and reinstalled, but no good!

Is there anyone that has experienced this problem and solved it?

Please comment

TeamViewer

• TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet
Re: " A connection could not established"
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 05:45:26 AM »
Hi,
Could you please send us the TeamViewer-logfile as a ZIP-FILE to analyse the problem to support@teamviewer.com?

You will find the logfile under:
C:\Programs\TeamViewer\Version6 or
C:\Documents and Settings\User\ApplicationData\TeamViewer or
C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\TeamViewer.
The name of the files is 'TeamViewer6_Logfile.log', if available please also send us the 'TeamViewer6_Logfile_OLD.log.

Please send us the logfiles from the Samsung Laptop and one PC you want to connect from.

Regards
Inga, TeamViewer Germany

lewmur

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 01:26:38 PM »
I have this same problem with the additional symptom of the computer that has the incoming problem doesn't show it's own id when you start TV6.

frankc2

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 08:10:48 AM »
I'd like to report the same problem.  TV has been running on several home pcs just fine...then yesterday I updated TV on the main laptop to 6.0.11052. This morning it's showing no network connection and that only LAN connections are possible. but that same laptop's on the 'net just fine with Skype, Weatherbug, browsing (Chrome), and other apps. So the problem's limited to TV. It only shows the local IP/address, not it's TV ID.  I've rebooted, I've reset the DSL line and router.

I think the TV server seems to be kaput.

frankc2

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 11:22:51 AM »
Oops, posted this under another topic; the server's back up and all's OK now.  Wish they'd have a server status page...

anything