Author Topic: Alert that windows firewall is disabled in 'Computers & Contacts'  (Read 40197 times)

GodspeedFx

Alert that windows firewall is disabled in 'Computers & Contacts'
« on: September 23, 2013, 10:33:13 AM »
I have about 6 different computers that I connect to regularly and they all have Norton Internet Security installed on them, however, 2 of them are showing alerts that windows firewall is disabled (in my computer list).  I know it's disabled because I'm using Norton's firewall!  Is there a reason for this or a way to get rid of it?  I like the other alerts but I don't like having to click each one every time I log in to make sure that there aren't any actual alerts.

Thanks!

Freecelladdict

Re: Alert that windows firewall is disabled in 'Computers & Contacts'
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2013, 04:24:15 PM »
I have the same issue. I get this alert about my very own computer! I use ZonelAlarm, so naturally the Windows Firewall is disabled, but I don't want or need to be informed about this all the time.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2013, 10:29:58 PM »
you are seeing the alert in the teamviewer computer and contacts list?

matt

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2013, 06:53:25 AM »
Not used this new feature much, so I'd thought I'd test.

BullGuard firewall and AV used on a Client's network. It is set to 'pass' the windows & 'PC Issues' tests, and it gets the green light from Teamviewer when it is working, and the warning icon when Bullguard isn't working.

Seems to work as intended for me.

Can Zone or Nortons be set to meet the Windows 7 style tests?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 10:04:59 AM »
can someone describe this "feature", i am unclear as to what is happening.

LREmery

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 01:30:56 PM »
If you right-click on your computer in "My Computers" (or any other computer in the list, for that matter), a two-part window appears.  In the top portion of that window is the given computer name, its online status, and a button which allows you to delete the computer from the list or check its properties.  In the lower portion of that window, the troublesome part is that for SOME, but NOT ALL computers (why?) an "Alert" section appears which indicates (for two of MY computers) that the Windows Firewall is not active, and that Windows Update is not active.  One of my two computers in question uses Comodo Firewall and the other one uses PrivateFirewall.  TeamViewer should be setup to sense any popular firewall and not to insist upon "flagging" us if we choose not to use the relatively insufficient Windows Firewall.  I also choose to use Microsoft Updates manually, and simply don't trust Windows' Automatic Updates.  Is there a way to turn off these two alerts?  Yes, they're really not hurting anything or restricting program features, I just don't want those alerts to appear at all.  It offers a choice to "check" or "acknowledge", and after doing so it insists upon leaving a yellow (or red) triangle with an exclamation point inside which is just terribly annoying - especially when I know I'm fully firewalled and I CHOOSE not to use Automatic Updates.  TeamViewer seems to associate these actions with a feature called ITbrain as far as I can tell.  I would like to have the option to make these alerts disappear.  Please help!  Thanks.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 01:53:02 PM »
valid issue for sure:
may want to post this to the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/teamviewer
 and see if they respond there

LREmery

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 04:05:31 PM »
"...see if THEY respond here"??? I thought that YOU (Admin) were our support representative.  I revile facebook and refuse to join.  Why would "they" prioritize facebook over their own support site?  Must I be a member to get a response?  Meanwhile, I guess I'll take the advice in your signature and submit a "direct ticket".  Thanks.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 04:47:27 PM »
sorry to mislead.  This site is a teamviewer user/customer created resource.
 It was started because as much as i like the TV product, the support was somewhat lacking( for free users).
So i decided to be proactive and start the forum for other users to join and hopefully help each other.  The forum is growing and those of us with some experience try to help other who post here.
for a brief period of time there was an actual member of the TV team who posted here, perhaps they still watch, but submitting tickets and post on Facebook are perhaps a push to get them to recognize this forum and perhaps to start offering help here.( again)

I understand your frustration with Facebook and don't disagree.

Hopefully your direct ticket will garner a response and if so, please do post it back here for others to see and be able to use.
Thanks
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 11:49:05 AM by Admin »

LREmery

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2014, 05:32:21 PM »
Problem Solved!!  Thanks to TeamViewer Tech Support!!
Following is their response:

Thank you for your message.

This is actually the free integrated health checks Teamviewer allows through ITbrain. This can be disabled by going into Extras>Options>Advanced>Show advanced options> and then uncheck the "Enable integrated system health checks" box

Thank you in advance and please feel free to contact us again with any further questions you may have...

TeamViewer 9 is ready

Best regards

Abdiel Guevara
-Support Technician-

-----------------------
TeamViewer Inc. - www.teamviewer.com

3001 North Rocky Point Drive East, Suite 200
Tampa, FL 33607
Phone 800-951-4573 - Fax 855-891-0177

Ticket ID: 1309759