Author Topic: Typing all but impossible.  (Read 6481 times)

wizardonthejob

Typing all but impossible.
« on: September 20, 2013, 03:07:22 PM »
I use the Teamviewer app from my Samsung Note 2 to access a couple of computers.  Naturally, the first thing I have to do is type in my password.  

password

This is the only thing that types normal.  After that, everything I have typed before, automatically shows up on the screen before what I am currently typing.  for example, after entering my password and opening up say, MS Word, if I type this is what Ill get:

passwordNow is the time.

It gets worse.  Lets say I want to then type a URL in IE.

I type this: www.youtube.com.
I get this: passwordNow is the time.www.www.youtube.www.youtube.com

I have the latest version of Teamviewer on my phone and PC.  I also have the latest Android updates for my phone.  The problem has been prevelant for about 6 months. Does this have something to do with a possible compatability issue between Teamviewer and Touchwiz (the Note 2s' native control interface)?

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Typing all but impossible.
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 03:53:21 AM »
ive never had an issue with touchwiz with my S2 and i connect with the teamviewer app all the time.

wizardonthejob

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 06:42:56 AM »
I think it has something to do with the auto suggestions that pop up on the screen as you type.  I think they are automatically getting inserted in my text line.  Just dont know why.  Is there a way to turn off advanced typing functionality for specific apps?  Perhaps a setting in TeamViewer?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 08:13:37 AM »
not within teamviewer, but in the settings of the touchwiz... i dont use the option wherin using the space-bar inserts the suggested word, it is set to , insert a space.

anything