Author Topic: Can't reconnect after losing internet connection on Windows 7  (Read 5891 times)

Mr Wolf

Can't reconnect after losing internet connection on Windows 7
« on: September 12, 2013, 08:55:46 AM »
Hi to all!
Often, when for some reason internet connection is lost, TeamViewer can't connect anymore to my account: the password field is empty, when I type the password and click "connect" nothing happens.
Other times, TeamViewer "freezes" and its window doesn't appear; if I close it and try to open it again, it just doesn't show up.
In any case, I have to reboot system and TeamViewer works again.  :)

I don't know if it's a common issue, but it happens with any version of TeamViewer I tried.

matt

Re: Can't reconnect after losing internet connection on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 04:16:12 PM »
When you 'close it' what exactly are you doing?

Are you closing the TV window, or are you right clicking  the TV icon in the task bar, and selecting 'Exit TeamViewer'.

Mr Wolf

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 04:30:32 PM »
Yep, I click on the icon in task bar and select 'Exit TeamViewer'.
Just I'd like to know if it's a common issue.

matt

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 03:56:46 AM »
Not an issue that I experience, but then my internet connection rarely fails either

1001WordsPhoto

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:59 AM »
I have this issue. I reset my network once a week or so, and after every time, TV8 would lose the password and wouldn't accept a new one, right or wrong. I had to restart teamviewer.exe to get the password to stick. Now, I schedules TV9 to exit every 12 hours and then restart. Seems to take care of the password problem, but there is up to 12 hours where I could potentially not be able to reach the home computer.