Author Topic: Cannot connect to TV8 on Ubuntu 12 machine  (Read 30105 times)

ChronicSilence

Cannot connect to TV8 on Ubuntu 12 machine
« on: January 07, 2013, 06:11:43 PM »
I installed TV8 on my Ubuntu machine hosted on Amazon EC2. I set a password for unattended access. On TV8 on my home (Windows 7) computer, I added the Ubuntu machine as a new computer (using the TV ID and password). It shows up as being online (which, I assume, means it can connect to it in some manner). However, when I try to "remote control (using password)", it says "connecting..." in the bottom left for a long time and doesn't give any error message, but never connects.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Cannot connect to TV8 on Ubuntu 12 machine
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »
trying rebooting the remote machine and then see if its able to connect

ChronicSilence

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 11:12:38 PM »
No go, still just locks up at "connecting...".

Fullmoonguru

« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 03:12:16 PM »
Are you trying to connect over LAN?  It might be this issue:  http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=1624.0

BaDboD

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 12:28:05 AM »
http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=1656.0   LAN connections are disabled by default in ver 8X for Ubuntu.

keep.on.running

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2013, 07:07:50 AM »
I got the same problem. Try to connect from a remote windows computer to a my linux computer and it can't connect. Only message "Verbinden" (=Connect) apperas. After restarting Linux computer it works again for some hours and then the same error occurs.

Herumakilo

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »
I? seeing the same issue'on CentOS 6 (trying to connect from Win8).  It has worked intermittently, but more often does not.

coolecho

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2013, 03:15:33 PM »
I'm running Ubuntu 11.10 and installed TV8. It tries to connect but never finishes. I connected the first time and that's all. LAN is enabled, checked all the settings. Deinstalled and reinstalled twice. Still the same thing.

aigrette

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2013, 08:44:09 AM »
Has anyone progressed on this problem?
I also can connect from my Ubuntu to my windows machine, but not the opposite. The problem is as specified above: the Ubuntu machine appears as online, but when I connect to it from Windows, it just gets stuck on "Connecting". Sending messages from any machine works flawlessly.
Both machines run TV8, (re)installed numerous times. This is not the problem, nor the configuration as I did not do anything special. Installing TV7 is not an option since it does not work on my machine (Ubuntu 12.04): the GUI never appears.

Any help?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 10:48:44 AM »
It may be best tto send a support ticket:
See this post:
http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=1363.0

report back with any response you get.

dlefevre

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 08:57:13 AM »
This seems to be the signature problem when it comes to this version of TeamViewer and Linux machines.   It seems very dependent of the distribution of Linux involved.  I tend to use different flavors built from Ubuntu like Mint and Ubuntu Studio and I've seen it intermittently on all of them.  Eventually I have to remove the TeamViewer package and --purge everything to get it to work.  Some of them, like on the version of Mint I just installed on my laptop, seem to need to be purged more than others.  Like I said on another thread... it's a very buggy release IMHO.

DizzyThermal

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2013, 05:32:41 AM »
TeamViewer 8 is not working as a "Server-Side" on Linux.. If I use TeamViewer 8 to connect to a TeamViewer 7 (Linux to Linux) it works fine, but TeamViewer 8 on Linux as a Server end does NOT work..

You can't even sign in to the TeamViewer 8 Window on the right, it's like no incoming/outgoing internet connections can be made..

keep.on.running

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2013, 11:50:35 AM »
Has anyone some news to this topic? Did an update solve the problem ?

Subtuppel

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2013, 10:48:12 AM »
Hello,

just to notify anyone wo had this problem:
I stumbled upon this thread when i had the same problem and I did not want to contact support immediately (although i am using TV private and with a Premium license).

Support suggested me to download the "unsopported" tar.gz package from

http://www.teamviewer.com/de/download/linux.aspx

and it work instantly.

vacaloca

« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 01:37:59 PM »
The previous poster's answer is moot since the last .tar.gz installer on their webpage does not have the installation capability at all... it was disabled for some reason.

I'm going to suggest others to try the fix of connecting using 'Custom' quality settings (256 colors) when you connect to the Ubuntu box and see if that fixes the issue. In my case, after trying to connect from a clean reboot where the daemon is running it always connects, but later hangs if it ever tries to negotiate higher bit depth and is unable to reconnect again (Connecting...) until the next reboot as it seems most users in this thread are experiencing.

anything