Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 3585 times)

Broadwinged

Newbie questions
« on: December 15, 2015, 05:00:14 PM »
Sorry to ask simple questions, but I've just uploaded Teamviewer for the first time and have a couple concerns.

Context. My 90-year old mother-in-law is a writer. She is familiar with computers but is forgetting. So I am using Teamviewer to be able to log on to her computer and help her with little problems. I have a Mac, she has a new Mac. Right now I have them both in my home giving me time to get hers running smoothly.

I downloaded TV on to both machines, set hers up at the controlled/client machine.

I have figured out the signup/sign in and have gotten to the point that I can use her computer from mine.

Two problems.

1. When her machine restarts, it creates a new password. How do I stop this? I saw an earlier thread that pointed to option in "Extras" but I don't have these. This is pretty critical. I can't need to always ask her for the passcode.

2. The Teamviewer Icon sits in the Dock. This is a disaster waiting to happen...the dock is a perennial place for problems for her. From what I have read there is nothing to be done. But I'm hoping I am wrong.

Assistance appreciated and, please, keep it simple...I am competent at following instructions but do NOT know all the lingo.

Cheers.

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 12:50:49 PM »
i wish i could be of more assistance with MAC, but within you machine, click extras the options then the  security tab and see if you are allowed to enter a password there.
an email/ticket to support may be in order or a post on facebook if you have that ability.
http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=1363.0

also found this:
http://osxdaily.com/2010/04/14/how-to-hide-or-remove-icons-from-the-mac-desktop/

Walldoo99

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 07:47:11 AM »
did you set up an acct with a personal password. the alpha numeric one will change but if you create a personal one for your acct, it should work every time. Add hers to your list, then just dbl click it to connect.

Danl

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:12:00 AM »
You want to use what is called the "Unattended Access" option of TeamViewer. That let's you connect if no one is sitting in front of the remote machine to tell you the randomly selected password listed under "Allow Remote Control" on the home page of the remote machine. In Preferences on the remote machine, go to Security, and set a personal password. That's the one you'll always use to log in with.

anything