Author Topic: Audio stopped working  (Read 3873 times)

andygb4

Audio stopped working
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:45:05 AM »
Hi everyone,

I've been using Teamviewer (free license) to connect to the same computer for a long time now, and never had any audio issues.
But today, i connected to it and this time, there's no audio..  I tried connecting to other computers as well but i got the same issue.

Both my pc and the remote PC are using TeamViewer 12, my pc is Windows 8, the remote PC is windows 10.

Anyways, like I said before, the audio worked perfectly, every time. All of a sudden it stopped working today.
I tried restarting the remote PC, I restarted my TeamViewer, I restarted my PC, but nothing helped make it work.

I also checked the settings just in case something was changed, but it is still set to allow computer sounds.

Does anyone have any idea what might have caused this and how to fix it?

Thanks.
 - Andrew

andygb4

Re: Audio stopped working
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 06:09:28 AM »
[UPDATE]

Hi everyone.

So I noticed that i was able to get audio from the remote PC if I used TeamViewer on my phone,
which means the issue probably lies with the TeamViewer on my other PC. 

As I was about to reinstall it, hoping that would fix the issue, I noticed that the uninstall screen says that it was installed on June 3rd.
(Which is not true, because I've had TeamViewer 12 almost since it launched)
Which means maybe there was an update or something. And since that date, my sound hasn't been working.
So this definitely seems related.  I will attempt to reinstall anyway and see what happens.

Maybe I'll even try using a slightly older version.

[EDIT]

The reinstallation didn't work... I'll look into getting a previous version maybe.
I'm getting quite frustrated... Why force an update that doesn't even work...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 06:42:13 AM by andygb4 »

iio646

Re: Audio stopped working
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 05:51:49 AM »
Have you had any luck with using a previous version?

anything