Author Topic: Horrible forum registration  (Read 6087 times)

goblynn93

Horrible forum registration
« on: October 25, 2013, 11:45:33 AM »
While I completely understand the need to stop bots from posting ads the registration process for this website is ridiculous.

#1 if you're going to specify the content of Passwords then you should indicate that someplace. Its not very smart to force everyone to use the same system you have just removed the protection that system might add! Perfect example is Apple. Apple won't let you use symbols in your password which places limits on how secure your password for Apple can be.

#2 if you want to prevent bots then maybe your CAPTCHA and questions should be random instead of the same thing every time? I had to attempt the registrations process at LEAST 10 times because its not exactly user friendly or verbose in its ridiculous password requirements. During those 10 attempts the "verification" items were exactly the same each time. I could have signed up 1000s of bots by now because the "verification" never changes.

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Horrible forum registration
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2013, 10:08:10 AM »
thank you for the input, we will work on what you point out.  Keep in mind this was see up by a teamviewer user out of frustration for lack of support for the product.
We have indeed had several bot attacks that left 100's of pots that had to be manually removed.

EDIT:
Some changes have been made to simplify, user password requirements are limited only by not containing username.

« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:50:21 AM by admin »

anything