Author Topic: Teamviewer user ID does not exist  (Read 4384 times)

emuztc

Teamviewer user ID does not exist
« on: January 29, 2017, 09:36:49 AM »
Can anyone help?

I'm new to TeamViewer and only installed it on my Samsung tablet to help out my father-in-law on occassions when he gets stuck with his (Windows) laptop. I downloaded the software on his laptop and on my tablet over Christmas and made sure it was working at the time (27th December) by logging on to his computer. No problem.

Now I'm back home (not near the in-laws) and I tried to log on to check something on his Skype for him. But when I type in the code I get the error message: "The TeamViewer ID you have entered does not exist". Repetition of this results in a different message telling me that I have connected and disconnected too many times and have to wait before I can try again.

I have left no spaces in the number and am positive it is the same number I used the last time (double checked on the log which tells you when you last logged in to another device). His laptop is on (not asleep) whilst I am trying to log on.

Please help!! This was supposed to make it easier for me to help him but it's proved to be more frustrating than trying to talk through things over Skype without being able to see his screen!