Author Topic: Teamviewer 8 can't connect to internet from within Ubuntu 13.04 ..  (Read 13509 times)

ahmadka

Hi guys ... I have a VPS running Ubuntu 13.04 64 bit, and I've installed Teamviewer 8 64bit on it .. The program itself runs, but there's no internet activity .. I try to sign in into my teamviewer account, and it cannot connect to the server ...

Sometimes, it *seems* that Teamviewer can connect to the internet, because it gives me a Teamviewer ID for the Ubuntu VPS .. But when I try connecting to this ID from my local Windows PC, I cannot go beyond the "Connecting .." stage ..

And sometimes even this does not happen, and I just get a message in Ubuntu Teamvewer saying "Not ready. Please check your connection"

I am not using any proxies. I have a direct static IP address, and I've got it confirmed from my VPS provider that they're not blocking Teamviewer in any wya ..

So what's the issue here ?

Subtuppel

Re: Teamviewer 8 can't connect to internet from within Ubuntu 13.04 ..
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2013, 10:47:19 AM »
Hello,

just to notify anyone wo had this problem:
I stumbled upon this thread when i had the same problem and I did not want to contact support immediately (although i am using TV private and with a Premium license).

Support suggested me to download the "unsopported" tar.gz package from

http://www.teamviewer.com/de/download/linux.aspx

and it work instantly.

vacaloca

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:56:28 AM »
They must've changed versions for the unsupported .tar.gz, because the one linked now says that the install routine is not implemented...

ahmadka

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2013, 05:15:18 PM »
Hello,

just to notify anyone wo had this problem:
I stumbled upon this thread when i had the same problem and I did not want to contact support immediately (although i am using TV private and with a Premium license).

Support suggested me to download the "unsopported" tar.gz package from

http://www.teamviewer.com/de/download/linux.aspx

and it work instantly.

Yep, it works for me too .. I can connect now .. However I can't 'control' the remote Ubuntu machine via Teamviewer .. It doesn't seem to be accepting input, e.g. no mouse movement registering, no keyboard key presses registering ?

anything