Author Topic: "WaitforConnectFailed" ?  (Read 73585 times)

PeteCress

"WaitforConnectFailed" ?
« on: October 13, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »
Remote PC gets turned on and, I guess, somehow gets out to the internet because my instance of TeamViewer lists it as active/available on Computers & Contacts | MyPartners.

But, at some point, the user reports that they "cannot get to the internet".

When I try to connect to that PC, my instance of TeamViewer throws:

---------------------------------
No connection to partner!

Partner did not connect to router.

Error Code: WaitforConnectFailed
----------------------------------

The statement "Partner did not connect to router" sounds awfuly specific to me... but I have no clue what it implies besides that the remote PC somehow lost it's connection.  OTOH, how is the TeamViewer server deciding that that PC is available?

Can anybody suggest what might be going on?

Admin

• Administrator
Re: "WaitforConnectFailed" ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 09:34:50 AM »
does the remote computer go into a "sleep" mode?
can someone reboot the remote system or take it out of sleep?

matt

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 11:18:17 PM »
The statement "Partner did not connect to router" sounds awfuly specific to me... but I have no clue what it implies besides that the remote PC somehow lost it's connection.  OTOH, how is the TeamViewer server deciding that that PC is available?
Teamviewer server gets regular 'pings' from all connected computers.

An internet connection dropping out will cause the 'pings' to not work.

OFark

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 06:48:45 AM »
I get the same problem, on a local machine, 3 meters from me, with no firewall active, just after I've disconnected and tried to reconnect, on the same switch.

I also have problems connecting to a remote machine, but I get no error, it just continually says "connecting...".

Neither the machine near me nor the remote machine show any signs of an error, according to Teamviewer they are connected and all is good.

Incidentally I tried to remotely restart the remote computer and all services disappeared from the internet except Teamviewer. When I got to it's location it was telling me "Teamviewer minimised" was stopping Windows from shutting down, did I want to force close. VERY VERY Annoying.

PeteCress

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 06:38:01 AM »
I get the same problem, on a local machine, 3 meters from me, with no firewall active, just after I've disconnected and tried to reconnect, on the same switch.

I also have problems connecting to a remote machine, but I get no error, it just continually says "connecting...".

Neither the machine near me nor the remote machine show any signs of an error, according to Teamviewer they are connected and all is good.

Incidentally I tried to remotely restart the remote computer and all services disappeared from the internet except Teamviewer. When I got to it's location it was telling me "Teamviewer minimised" was stopping Windows from shutting down, did I want to force close. VERY VERY Annoying.

Bump!....

I'm back to a similar situation, only with a different computer:  one that is running an IP camera server about 90 miles from here.

TeamViewer's "Computers & Contacts" shows it as being online... it responds to Ping... The IP cam server app on it is serving up the cams....

First thing that I think of is that TeamViewer has abended on that PC... but if that is the case, why is it showing up on Computers & Contacts as being online?

Can anybody elucidate?    

krasnit

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 10:46:13 AM »
The problem is with the router.  There are too many connections, or it is not allowing you access to your host computer.  When I use a torrent downloader on the host, sometimes too many connections get open on the router, and it cannot handle any more such as from TeamViewer, and I get this error on the remote computer trying to access the host.  Once I exit the torrent downloader, everything is fine again.

agawaly

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 06:47:22 AM »
I have 2 macs and a windows laptop in front of me right now, and connection seems to be working extremely fine with all except for one mac book pro. I tried to completely remove TeamViewer from this mac and to reinstall with no luck so far. I believe this error is somehow related to each machine in particular, and this never happened to me until I installed latest mac version 11.0.53254. Any more clues here?

Danl

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 09:43:37 PM »
I had this problem when trying to connect with one remote computer (FWIW, it was a Mac recently updated to El Capitan). Over and over. Finally I rebooted that remote computer, and the problem went away.

snacksy13

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2017, 12:02:29 PM »
I restarted it and it worked
I also upgraded to 12
I also read that if you are torrenting a lot on the computer teamviewer can't access trough router, so pause and see if it helps