Author Topic: Are you a logmein refugee?  (Read 5091 times)

Michaelsmithvegas

Are you a logmein refugee?
« on: January 22, 2014, 07:45:44 PM »
As some of you may know logmein has charged $30 for their ignition app in the past.
Recently that price went up to $130 for the app.
And yesterday the developers pulled the app completely from android / iOS.
This has currently created 100s of pages of frustration on their forums.

I'd like to say hi to everyone, as I plan to be a new user to Teamviewer, taking a refund of ignition from iOS and purchasing teamviewer hd instead. 

My suggestion to teamviewer developers, if you value you're customers do not follow in logmein's footsteps!

matt

Re: Are you a logmein refugee?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 08:02:39 PM »
FYI, This is a user run site, and not an official support mechanism of Teamviewer

Teamviewer has it's own issues. Seeming lack of support is one (that's why this site was established I'd guess). Whilst they do have an official support channel, it does appear a bit like a black hole at times - info going in, but not much coming back out.

Another frustration I have with Teamviewer is the fact that new versions aren't an automatic updates for paid users. Paid users must pay again, and a new version seems to come out each year. You need to allow for that before you calculate the cost of the Teamviewer licence to your business.

In saying that, there are significant changes each upgrade, and generally teamviewer works well.

Alternatively, VNC variants are still open source (and free), and there is still some development on some of these variants.

anything