Author Topic: Wake on Lan  (Read 53528 times)

novaned

Wake on Lan
« on: January 04, 2011, 10:47:38 AM »
Hello all,
New to this forum - hope you can help.

Can someone please advise if TV6 (free) is designed with 'wake on lan' functionality built in?
I previously used LogMeIn which caters for this. I have my pc's set up for wol in the Bios & Nic's etc. I can't find any reference to this feature on the TV site nor in the manual.

Thx for any assistance.

sabrehawk

Re: Wake on Lan
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 05:29:37 AM »
Teamviewer does not offer WAKE ON LAN Features.
To make WOL work over Internet you need:
WOL enabled in BIOS

Windows Driver of network Card ENERGY settings need to be set to ALLOW (Magic Packet etc)

A static Internet IP or a DNS name such provided by DYNDNS (most routers offer this service as optional)
at the PC that needs to be wake up remotely

Inside the Router a a port forwarding at port 9 to the internal LAN IP of the desired computer

Configure your Hard and Software Firewalls to allow incoming packet to port 9

A tool to wake up the PC remotely .freeware tools are found via google

Obtain the MAC adress of the PC you want to wake up  (can be found in the network status /details informaton in windows)

Take that MAC Adress with you or store it somewhere on your Laptop / WOL Software / or send it via mail to a desirable location where you can access it no matter where you are (eg your own webmail account)

Use the Internet IP/DNS Name + Mac Adress of the sleeping PC  in a WOL Software to wake it up

Assuming that Teamviewer is installed as a SERVICE on the target PC you can now control it either DIRECTLY
or via the Teamviewer ID stuff.

Some routers like FRITZ BOX offer WOL Services that provide easy WOL features.

VOILA.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 05:33:36 AM by sabrehawk »

novaned

Re: Wake on Lan
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:51:22 PM »
Thanks for the advice Sabrehawk. I believe I have the Bios and NIC settings as they should be but I'll recheck just in case, before following the rest of your steps. Fingers crossed.

anything