Author Topic: Installing App for Android on Blackberry Torch  (Read 11010 times)

margoriehelie

Installing App for Android on Blackberry Torch
« on: May 04, 2011, 12:18:32 PM »
I have been trying to install the app for Android on my Blackberry Torch 9800 but with no success. When I try to download the file or use the BarCode scanner, I get the message "The item you selected cannot be displayed. Do you wish to save the item?" Selecting YES saves the file Teamviewer.apx but I cannot figure out how to install the file. Teamviewer website has a note saying that we have to allow direct downloads (Settings; Application Settings; Unknown Sources; Enable) but I do not see that option anywhere on my Blackberry. I have tried importing the APX file through Blackberry Desktop but that didn't work neither.

Can anyone help please!!!

Thanks

ERS

Re: Installing App for Android on Blackberry Torch
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 01:39:54 PM »
you may want to call the customer service of your Blackberry service provider, sounds like this is an issue withing the settings of the blackberry, they can probablly work this out for you.

margoriehelie

Re: Installing App for Android on Blackberry Torch
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 01:52:06 PM »
Thanks for replying. I thought there was a way to install an app for android on blackberry but looks like that cannot be done. I really hope that Teamviewer will come out with a blackberry version soon. We have a corporate license and use teamviewer everyday. Has anyone heard if we will see a Blackberry version soon???  :)