Author Topic: Remote Control from Android Tablet  (Read 7519 times)

Phred

Remote Control from Android Tablet
« on: September 10, 2012, 08:45:36 AM »
Where should we put Android forum discussion topics?  Here?
(Note from Admin, this was moved from the Linux board to this newly created Android board)

It's September 2012 and Android tablets are a burgeoning product class around the world, and with their new quad-core power, they can handle Tvr well.
I have a new Transformer Infinite with a detachable keyboard.
Tvr for Android works well enough, although a couple of things need exploration:
1. Tvr doesn't register mouse control from the keyboard on this tablet, from the mouse-pad, moving only the local mouse over an active remote screen, registering very little locally, to boot.
2. During a remote session the remote cursor can be controlled by touch on the screen, but, after a while, the Tvr control-bar - for settings, magnification, Alt, Shift, Ctrl pass-through, etc disappears.  There doesn't seem to be any way to bring the bar back into view.  There's no Help, that I can find.
Any Tvr engineers around, or anyone else been working with Android?  Thx.

[UPDATE]
Re 2., the bringing up of the 'special keys' block - F1, F2, Ins, Del etc with the keyboard+ key, bumps off the bottom control-bar on my local Android screen.  I have to use the <=| Go Back (Esc) key to close the session, and restart, to bring it back.

The timer dims the screen, as expected, but Tvr inhibits the sending to sleep of the whole device.  Nice.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 03:52:17 AM by admin »

Phred

Re: Remote Control from Android Tablet
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 12:36:04 AM »
Have just had an update of the application - 7014563, I think - and have checked the disappearance of the control bar at the bottom of a tablet screen.
No luck.
The bringing up of the special buttons block, and its removal, still removes the control bar irretrievably from the screen.  Pity.