Author Topic: Incorrect Address in Remote Header for Teamviewer 8 Host with Windows 10 Pro 64b  (Read 3533 times)

bxdobs

Just installed TV 8 Host on a new Win10P64 machine with a static IP4 Address

Using Incoming Lan set to ACCEPT EXCLUSIVELY with remote access gained via a VPN connection ... the curiosity with this new installation is that Teamviewer appears to have assigned 3 IP addresses to this Host's: Your ID ... the first two of these addresses have nothing to do with the PC's actual local IP configuration/domain and the last address assigned is the actual PC IP address.

Your ID > Address 1; Address 2; PC IP Address

Although the actual remote connection is made with the PC's assigned IP, the resulting Remote Header always appears to display the first assigned Address.

Header > Host Name (Address 1) - TeamViewer

While the Host Name matches the one set up in: Your Display Name, the IP address being displayed does NOT MATCH the address used for the connection ... this displayed address is both annoying and confusing ... the expectation is that the address should match the connection address.

Is there a way to either:

A) remove the first two addresses?

or

B) make the actual PC address the first address?

bxdobs

Further to the first post ... today I discovered why there are more than one ip addresses being assigned ... The original Acronis Image (Windows 10 PRO 64 bit OEM install) also has VMPlayer installed with 2 Virtual Networks (3 all total including the wired network) ... when I uninstall the VMPlayer Teamviewer goes back to 1 IP address (the wired Static address)

So still doesn't solve the problem but for now I know the WHY there are 3 addresses being assigned to Teamviewer.

Perhaps this is an oversight/minor bug in Teamviewer 8 that may have been addressed in later versions?

Note I also scanned the Registry and did find these oddball addresses on some of the huge alpha numeric string values but didn't want to delete the entries in case they were required