Author Topic: Automatic Wake On Lan config  (Read 14576 times)

mr-b

Automatic Wake On Lan config
« on: January 27, 2014, 10:15:44 AM »
Hi

As a refugee from LogMeIn, I've found the Teamviewer WOL (Wake on Lan) feature in v9 for a local network (not via public ip) to be much harder to configure than with LogMeIn (which basically didn't need any config).

Teamviewer requires you to:

1) enable the WOL feature (disabled by default) for each target machine
2) add the TeamViewer ID(s) via which the WOL signal to wake up is to be sent (i.e. the machine which is permanently on) to your target machine.

LogMeIn handled all this automatically with WOL enabled by default and it also detected which client machines were switched on already in your network and which could act as sources for the WOL packet for your sleeping target machine.

It would be much easier if this could be added to TeamViewer.

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Automatic Wake On Lan config
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 10:51:36 AM »
Great observation:
Please post this to the teamviewer facebook page as well.
 https://www.facebook.com/teamviewer

mr-b

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 12:24:07 PM »
Tx!
The FB page recommended to send any detailed requests to them as a support ticket, which I've done.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 10:58:14 PM »
Let us know the response when you get it !
Thanks

mteq

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 11:32:16 AM »
I also Dumped Logmein, Liars and thieves, promise one thing and then change it the next year. I have 87 PC's I manage and I used to also be able to wake them all up without any router or Dyndns Modifications, so +1 on this request. It must be something simple.

I use Netgear DGN 1000/2000/3500 on all the networks. I will try over the weekend and post back here if I get lucky. At the Moment I am having to log into the server then use WakeOnLanGui to wake each pc up but it's a PITA because you have to cut and paste mac addresses, but it does work inside the network.

georgecampbell

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 01:22:13 AM »
Doesn't it sound too complex? Configuring WOL (wake on LAN) settings? Instead I would recommend a RHUB remote support server because of its ease of use.

anything