Author Topic: TV notification panel disappeared?  (Read 7705 times)

Danl

TV notification panel disappeared?
« on: February 20, 2014, 03:18:09 PM »
I think that's the right name for this thing. It's the panel that shows up in the upper right corner of the machine when you make a connection to it, and shows the session list. I only use it to click the X on that panel to close the connection, but now, in remotely connecting to one machine, that panel has disappeared. Actually, I'm somewhat pleased, because that panel took up valuable screen real estate, and there is another X on the left edge of the control bar at the top next to Actions anyway. But how does one make this panel go away (or come back)? I really don't know what I did. Everything else is working fine. But it's gone. Each time I connect to this machine, it's not there. Might be nice if I could make it go away on other machines I connect to. It may, however, mean that the person at the remote machine doesn't know there is a TV connection going on.

matt

Re: TV notification panel disappeared?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2014, 04:09:31 PM »
There should be just the 'tab' stub somewhere on your screen

This is how you minimise that panel.
My guess is that the panel has been minimised.

Danl

Re: TV notification panel disappeared?
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 06:52:28 PM »
Thanks. That tab was not on the screen at all, but I rebooted, and the tab appeared. So now I know how to minimize that panel. Nice.

Now, I think that panel got lost when I tried to change the display screen format using System Preferences/Display while connected by TeamViewer. Nope. Bad thing to do. TeamViewer gets *very* confused when you do that. If you want to change the display, much better to use the TV control bar at the top -- View/ScreenResolution. That works. I assume that's why TeamViewer provides that control in the control bar.