Author Topic: Lose mouse clik control in Ubuntu  (Read 9503 times)

coolecho

Lose mouse clik control in Ubuntu
« on: February 12, 2013, 08:53:43 AM »
Hello,
I encounter a problem that I lose the ability to left click and close windows in Ubuntu 12.04. I'm using Teamviewer 7.0.9377 on Ubuntu, and 8.0.16447 on Windows 7. When it happens i left click on a close button (in Ubuntu) for example and the pointer turns into a hand icon when push down and release, instead of closing the window. I think what triggers this is when I'm connected via Teamviewer and I do an alt-tab to switch back to my computer from the open Teamviewer that has focus. I have to walk over to the system and do a reboot from an open terminal window when that happens. Has anyone seen this?
Thanks.

audunpoi

Re: Lose mouse clik control in Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 02:39:56 AM »
It might be the alt key. In ubuntu you press the alt key and then mous click to move a window off screen (useful if wondow is bigger than the screen). I have a similar issue to yours when running sessions with two linux machines where TV just stops accepting any mouse clicks. Holding down the alt key and then moving the teamviewer window with the mouse usually gets it going again. It's also possible to change the alt key in ubuntu to some other key if this bothers you (if this is the problem).

anything