Author Topic: A number of suggestions..  (Read 5378 times)

davefaz

A number of suggestions..
« on: June 27, 2016, 06:14:57 AM »
1. It should be possible for Teamviewer to log in to my account an allow all the nice extras that brings, while limiting connections between PC's to a local network.
There are two reasons for this...

a) One of the PC's I communicate with is no more than 10 feet from me, but it is connected to a local network and a VPN. Teamviewer is not communicating with it over the local network, rather it's communicating with it through the internet. This massively reduces the responsiveness of Teamviewer with the result that it often seems to lock up if there is an issue with the VPN. This is incredibly stupid and it should be possible to use Teamviewer in the normal way but in some way instruct it that the PC is on the same network. 

b) It's a major security consideration to be able to limit connections to local network only.

2. Do not resize the main window every time Teamviewer makes a new connection. This is really annoying. Every time I make a connection Teamviewer goes "best fit", which usually means it's in the way of my task bar so I have to resize the window.Would be so much better if it just reshaped itself to the format of the target PC without vertical "best fit"

matt

Re: A number of suggestions..
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2016, 03:46:13 PM »
1.a) That will be due to the VPN. Once the VPN is active the computer is no longer in your LAN, it is connecting to the internet via the VPN

b) agreed (but see a)

2. In computers and contacts, select the machine then right click properties. Set these as you would like.
If you want all connections to be the same set advanced settings on the computer that you physically touch, and set settings for 'advanced settings for connections from this computer.
Mine NEVER open 'best fit'.