Author Topic: How can I delete a Teamviewer-ID in the QS-version of Teamviewer  (Read 6245 times)

abp

Hi everyone,

From my provider of broadband, I have downloaded the QS (Quick Support) version of Teamviewer, because I think that my provider should support me over the Internet.

Since is not was necessary, I closed Teamviewer.

When I now run the QS-version of Teamviewer from my providers web site, Teamviewer give me a old Teamviewer-ID my provider not could accept, because my Teamviewer-ID not exist in my providers database.

How can I delete the old Teamviewer-ID via the QS-version of Teamviewer, so the QS-version give me a new Teamviewer-ID next time my provider of broadband should help me?

I have tried to delete all folders I could find in Documents and settings\user name\temp\teamviewer, deleted the keys I could find in Windows registry database et cetera, but the QS-version still remember my old Teamviewer-ID!

My operating system is Windows XP Service Pack 3, and the QS-version of Teamviewer is version 4, since my provider of broadband use this version.

Very thanks for your answer.

/ ABP

TeamViewer

• TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet
Re: How can I delete a Teamviewer-ID in the QS-version of Teamviewer
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 07:58:06 AM »
Hello,
the TeamViewer ID is generated automatically based on hardware characteristics during the first start of TeamViewer and can not be changed later on.
Why your provider can not connect to your TeamViewer ID you got during the first start of TeamViewer?

Regards
Inga, TeamViewer Germany

anything