Author Topic: RPI 3 + TeamViewer  (Read 3478 times)

jggz

RPI 3 + TeamViewer
« on: September 21, 2016, 12:38:29 AM »
I have a RPi 3 running Raspbian. I've installed TeamViwer from https://www.teamviewer.com/raspberrypi and everything is working fine. Well almost. I'm using the combination Rpi + Tw to remotely connect to my home LAN. I cannot use VPN or other techniques as my main Internet connection at home is a 4G mobile broadand connection. This 4G connection is NAT:ed at ISP level, so no public IP is available. I therefore want to use RPi + TW as a nice (and energy efficient) alternative to connect to my home LAN.

Over all this works just fine, BUT when watching a live webcam feed (Motion, MJPEG) from my home webcam it doesn't work properly. When watching the feed in any browser (on the RPi, via TW), the picture just turns green. Yes, green.

I have a feeling this problem has to do with graphics hardware accelaration in the browser(s). TW appear to be using Adapter DescriptionvVMware, Inc. -- Gallium 0.4 on llvmpipe (LLVM 3.7, 128 bits), so this would explain the dilemma.
I got this information from Iceweasel/Firefox when typing "about:support". I can also see that GPU Accelerated Window is 0/1 Basic (OMTC) , which means disabled.

Is there any way for me to get a decent picture when watching a live webcam stream this way? That is, can I make TW use the RPi GPU hardware instead of VMware one? (If this is the problem)

Any ideas are appreciated, thanks!