Author Topic: Can't Completely Uninstall TV for Fresh Install  (Read 4061 times)

Cayce

Can't Completely Uninstall TV for Fresh Install
« on: November 30, 2015, 02:38:56 PM »
I need to uninstall TV so that it doesn't recognize my computer on a fresh install. Here's the scenario:

• I had a Mac in my Home Office.
• I bought a new Mac for my Home Office.
• I migrated all my old Mac’s data into my new Mac (meaning they both had all the same apps afterward, including TV).
• I took my old Mac to my remote office.
• I am trying to connect my old Mac, now in my remote office, to my new Mac, in my Home office, via TV.
• I created a new, separate TeamViewer account in the old Mac for this purpose, using a separate email address, username, everything.
• I uninstalled TeamViewer from my old Mac using the Uninstall option in the TeamViewer preferences, checking “Also delete configuration files”.
• When I reinstall TeamViewer, the “Your ID” in the Remote Control is the same number as it was before, the same as is now in my new Mac.
• So both computers, though assigned to separate accounts, are showing the same ID number, which means they can’t connect.

I need to THOROUGHLY uninstall TeamViewer so I can achieve a fresh install that doesn't recognize the computer I'm installing into. Anyone know how to do this?

I’m on a Mac, OSX Yosemite, 10.10.5. 2.3 GHz INtel Core 17.

Thanks for your help.

Cayce

matt

Re: Can't Completely Uninstall TV for Fresh Install
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 09:39:14 PM »
I think that the ID is specific to the hardware that it is installed on
If you do the same process on the new computer, it SHOULD get a new ID

Walldoo99

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 07:49:01 AM »
if you use the same acct, it keeps the same ID. You can change the id for a given computer though.

Danl

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 07:04:07 AM »
This is kind of old, but I have the answer. I had the same problem, and TeamViewer tech support gave it to me. You need to use the freeware AppCleaner, which removes everything associated with an application. I used that, and all traces of Teamviewer were erased. This is how Teamviewer recommends you THOROUGHLY uninstall TeamViewer before doing a fresh install.

Danl

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 07:07:09 AM »
P.S. The Teamviewer ID# is indeed derived from the hardware, so once you do a complete uninstall and reinstall TeamViewer should establish that new ID using the hardware markers.