Author Topic: Teamviewer Lock on Session End  (Read 136372 times)

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Teamviewer Lock on Session End
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 12:32:41 PM »
ah ok ..looking into it

Manjews

« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2015, 04:47:01 PM »
I have been having issues ever since upgrading to teamviewer 10. In my advanced settings I have "Lock remote computer" set to Never but it still occasionally locks the remote computer when the session disconnects. The strange thing is that it is not consistent. Some times it will lock the computer and other times it wont. Beginning to wish I would have never updated to version 10 :/

Stevardi

« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2015, 08:10:42 AM »
Still getting this problem randomly.  I have set it to never lock but it still does.  I have the app on my phone as well to test, if I force close the app without clicking session end it locks every time.  Then I reconnect and this time click session end and it closes without lock but then sometimes it just randomly locks again for no reason and it would not forget it was locked and stays locked.

This is with it set to NEVER...seriously this is the most annoying thing and should never happen.  I cannot understand how they cannot replicate this bug and how it is not fixed after 2 years?

Vald

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2015, 10:50:04 AM »
Hi there.

For what it's worth, I can confirm with complete accuracy that it's random.l  It's happened to me for a while now.  It happens on at least two computers that I connect to that never require a login on startup or resume.  I'll connect with TeamViewer fine for a while and then, completely randomly with nothing changing on the computer, it'll switch to "lock on session end".

usatracy

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2015, 08:11:58 PM »
Yep, been driving me nuts for months now

XP TV 9 (client) to Win 7 TM 9 (server)

I now have to ALWAYS check to see if
ACTIONS - LOCK COMPUTER - LOCK ON SEESION END has been checked by teamviewer against my desires

It does is constantly every 2 3 4 or 5 connections

I call into this pc 100 times a day, and it is getting locked 1/3 of the time, if I dont check before I log off, it may lock

ITS A BUG NOT A FEATURE - FIX IT

Been using TV for YEARS and this is a NEW ISSUE for me

usatracy

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2015, 08:14:05 PM »
I SHOULD ADD

THERE IS NO PASSWORD ON THAT SERVER
THERE IS NO SCREEN SAVER
NOTHING ITS WIDE OPEN
THERE IS NO TIME BASED STATUS CHANGE OR WIN LOG ON LOG OFF GOING ON EVER

matt

« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2015, 11:04:14 PM »
Probably best to
a) NOT SHOUT
b) contact official TeamViewer Support channels, ie the face book page or lodge an official support ticket.

This forum is a user forum, and is not official support of TeamViewer

MrAndrewAu

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2015, 01:00:30 AM »
Yep, been driving me nuts for months now

XP TV 9 (client) to Win 7 TM 9 (server)

I now have to ALWAYS check to see if
ACTIONS - LOCK COMPUTER - LOCK ON SEESION END has been checked by teamviewer against my desires

It does is constantly every 2 3 4 or 5 connections

I call into this pc 100 times a day, and it is getting locked 1/3 of the time, if I dont check before I log off, it may lock

ITS A BUG NOT A FEATURE - FIX IT

Been using TV for YEARS and this is a NEW ISSUE for me

+1

New user here, but I am having the exact same issue for the past several months. Every once in a while, the "Lock on Session End" option turns itself back on. This locks out my client's screen, and I get angry phone calls! I am going to switch to using LogMeIn unless TeamViewer acknowledges this as a bug, and fix the issue. I may even suggest removing this feature entirely.

I've tried contacting TeamViewer through Social Media (Facebook) and I get the same unintelligent response of telling me to go to Menu and unchecking the option.

Please, fix or get rid of this feature... If people need to lock the screen, they can easily do so manually. But forcing an unintended action upon the user can lead to disasters.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 01:03:43 AM by MrAndrewAu »

Cpy

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2016, 10:40:07 PM »
Problem still NOT fixed. There is no option to turn it off permanently for every pc i connect and after pc restarts that damn thing is set to lock AGAIN!

Danl

« Reply #54 on: May 24, 2016, 03:02:35 PM »
Remember that the little lock under the X disconnect button at top means Lock on Session End is enabled. So when you press that X button, it's up to you to see if there is a little lock icon there before you disconnect. Before I realized that, I never knew if it would lock up or not when I disconnected. So it's atrocious that TeamViewer can't do anything about this, but it's not hard to avoid getting locked.

tresxnine

« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2016, 05:27:19 AM »
There's a really easy solution to this problem:

When in session, click Actions > Lock Computer > Lock on session end. It's in the top bar next to File Transfer and the like.

Strom

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2016, 04:35:45 PM »
Hello, have this problem too. It shows me lock icon randomly. yesterday didn't know it, now I have lock icon.. Any solution?

Danl

« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2016, 09:15:03 AM »
The problem isn't that you can't unlock it. That's trivial to do. The problem is that it randomly decides to Lock on Session End, such that you get logged off on the remote machine. Never seen any explanation for that. Ideally, one could set "NEVER LOCK ON SESSION END!!!" in preferences, but you can't do that. As I noted above, when you're connected, just pay attention to the little lock marker under the X disconnect icon at top. That means that when you disconnect, it's going to log you out. If you see that lock marker, and you don't want to be logged out, then go into Actions->Lock Computer and uncheck that box that it decided to check for you. The point is that although it does it randomly, you have no excuse for being surprised at having been logged out.

glennr

« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2016, 10:36:31 AM »
Hello all -- I've been a heavy (registered) user of Teamviewer since version 5. I too have suffered with the random (yes, it is random) behaviour of Lock on Session End. Recently, I upgraded to version 11, thinking that maybe they had finally fixed this ridiculous problem that has been there through many versions -- I was wrong!

Now, not only do I experience the random locking behaviour, I can't even turn it off! The option is greyed out. I have attached a screenshot.

Yup, they fixed it real good!

QuickMythril

« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2016, 03:45:24 PM »
just to throw my experience in as well, i have noticed this happening only recently.  i thought it was a bug with the way some of the preview builds of Windows 10 interact with TeamViewer, but apparently this is a long standing issue.  i can confirm that only =sometimes= when i end my session, my computer will go to the lock screen.  of course as mentioned there is no obvious way to set "never lock on session end".  very disappointing.