Author Topic: Uninstalling teamviewer  (Read 3800 times)

phil

Uninstalling teamviewer
« on: December 22, 2016, 02:00:27 AM »
Hello everyone,
I am new on this forum, allthough I have been using TeamViewer to help out family members and friends, I would to ompletely uninstall the product from my computer, because it keeps issuing a message saying I am using it professionaley!! I am a retired person and I only use it for personal use. I would like to remove it completely and be able to reinstall a new copy without having the message and giving more than 5 minutes connection time.
Please forgive my English, I am french and I try my best.
Thank you for your answer and support.

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Uninstalling teamviewer
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »
my suggestions is start a support ticket with the teamviewer team.
uninstalling the software and reinstalling will not likely resolve the issue.

You can navigate to this page and submit a ticket
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/createticket.aspx
choose "private" category then "next", then fill out the form and submit.

Keep in mind that support questions for the free version may take some time to be answered so please, post your issue in the appropriate board here, you may find one of the community members can answer the issue quickly and add the resolution if received from the support team.

An additional method for getting answers is to post to the Teamviewer official Facebook page, they often are able to answer more quickly:
https://www.facebook.com/teamviewer

If either case, if you submit and receive and response, please post it back here to the forum so that other may benefit.

Danl

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 07:23:59 PM »

Phil1789

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 01:24:55 PM »
Thank you for your answer,

I already posted a message on the TeamViewer team, but the answer were very vague and didn'thelp much.
I tried the appcleaner and cccleaner, to remove the application and all configuration files, but even after, reinstalling the product keeps giving me the same message "commerical use has been detected" and ejects me after 10 minutes.
TM is an excellent program, but I don't feel spending Something like 500$ to help out family members and friend.

Once again, thank you for your help

Danl

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2016, 04:17:32 PM »
Oh, "commercial use has been detected" is presumably linked to your IP. That's between you and TeamViewer. Reinstallation probably won't fix it. I've heard of a couple of people that have been hosed by TV with that error, but I've never gotten a clear picture of what they might have done to deserve it.

Danl

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2017, 02:44:14 PM »
I am reminded that in TeamViewer preferences, under Advanced, there is a way to do what appears to be a complete uninstall, with the option of deleting all configuration files.