Author Topic: Missing mouse pointer when using iPhone or iPad  (Read 44058 times)

leerichards

Missing mouse pointer when using iPhone or iPad
« on: February 18, 2014, 03:27:22 PM »
I've used TeamViewer for quite a long time, mainly from a PC to my Mac, but occasionally from my iPhone/iPad.  I don't recall exactly when I last used my iOS device to connect to my Mac but today when I tried I noticed that I no longer see the mouse cursor.  I tried with my iPad and iPhone and had exactly the same problem.  I usually use the mouse setting, but even the touch setting seemed screwed up on both devices.  I managed to reboot my Mac remotely but the problem was still present.  When I got home I connected again using both devices and whilst I still couldn't see the mouse pointer on either of them, I could see it moving on my Mac screen.  Is anybody else having this issue?

iMac 27" late 2012
Mavericks 10.9.1
iPhone 5S iOS 7.05
iPad Air iOS 7.04
Teamviewer version 9.0.25963 (Feb 5th 2014)

ravnorodom

Re: Missing mouse pointer when using iPhone or iPad
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 07:04:21 AM »
To fix the mouse cursor disappearing:

1. Launch any web browser and go to a webpage that has text on it.
2. Tap on your iPhone or mobile device to activate text cursor over the text.
3. Then move your cursor somewhere else and away from the text, your mouse cursor (arrow pointer) should come back.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 07:16:03 AM by ravnorodom »

leerichards

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 07:11:45 AM »
Thank you, it worked a treat. In fact I connected from a PC and launched the Notes app and as soon as I re-connected from my phone the mouse pointer was already there.  I've exchanged multiple emails with Team-viewer and they seemed stumped, so I'll reply again telling them a helpful forum poster solved it.

Vincevanmuckhenier

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 02:16:48 AM »
I am still facing this problem while accessing my headless Mac Mini from my iPad/Iphone.
I have tried both checking any unchecking the "show remote cursor" on and rebooting.

Accessing the Mac from Windows PC works perfectly.
I can neither see the cursor nor does the touch from my iPhone/iPad go to the right place.

I cannot believe I am the only one facing this problem. Pl. help!

I should mention I have tried adding a mouse to my headless mac as well.

Any help would be appreciated. The solution posted in this thread did not help me, unfortunately!

johm

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 09:12:55 AM »
I am still facing this problem while accessing my headless Mac Mini from my iPad/Iphone.
I have tried both checking any unchecking the "show remote cursor" on and rebooting.

I can neither see the cursor nor does the touch from my iPhone/iPad go to the right place.

Any help would be appreciated. The solution posted in this thread did not help me, unfortunately!

I'm having the exact same problem. iOS 7.1 didn't seem to help. waiting on a teamviewer app update. very frustrating as its basically unusable from iPhone/ipad. ill try the method above.

Jonnycat76

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 10:57:10 AM »
I am also having this issue. Fresh install of Teamviewer (9.0.28116) on my Mac (10.8.5) and Teamviewer (9.0.25232 CL) iPhone iOS (6.1).
Cursor is missing on screen when opening a new connection from iPhone to Mac.

Two things that worked to make the cursor show up were ravnorodom's fix listed above and physically moving the mouse on my mac, but since you can't move the real mouse unless your sitting at the computer the 2nd is purely informational and not really a fix.

SicEmBear

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 02:25:45 PM »
FIXED (quick workaround):
To make your missing mouse pointer appear on your Mac while using the Teamviewer app remotely, enable the Mac's Application Switcher by pressing the CMD (?) + TAB (?).  This is an easy way to "force" the mouse icon to change from an arrow to a hand pointer, and in doing so, also forces Teamviewer to make the pointer appear on your iPad or iPhone screen as a result of it's change in appearance.  Once you've successfully opened the application switcher (and made your mouse appear), you can click away from it (or better yet, actually use it) and still retain the pointer.

Teamviewer places the TAB (?) and Command (?) keys on the upper band of the screen when accessing the keyboard. I've found that you don't actually have to press them together (as you do in person without the app), rather just touch the CMD key first, then the TAB key, and the switcher should come up.

LamaLama

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2014, 11:50:36 PM »
I found a strange way to make it work.

First go to System Preferences, Accessibility, Display.
Move the slider for 'Cursor Size' on the 4 of the 6th notch.

It'll be HUGE on the mac, but looks good on the iPhone.

Alan

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 09:18:41 AM »
Wow...

Thanks LamaLama, your solution of changing the Cursor
size in the Accessibility Preferences worked a charm!

I really appreciate your persistence in finding a solution.

Regards,

-Alan

Armstrong01

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2014, 08:19:50 AM »
No solutions in this thread seem to work for me. Last time I used TeamViewer on my Android to control my Mac OS machine was a month ago, no problems then.

After clean install of TeamViewer on my devices, I tried reverting to an older flash player version as I recently updated it and thought it might be the problem. Didn`t work. Tried using iOS device instead of Android, no luck there as well. So it seems like a TeamViewer`s app v. 9 for Mac OS issue.

Any ideas?

Edit: Just tried previous version 8.x of TeamViewer for Mac and at least that one works.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 08:31:31 AM by Armstrong01 »

hypermentality

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 07:41:16 PM »

I am experiencing the same problem when I access my iMac from my Android Galaxy S4.. I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, on both the computer and my S4 and still nothing... surely there has got to be a fix! I have also tried all the above and am left with nothing... kinda hard navigating without a mouse/cursor. Please help!!

Armstrong01

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 12:14:49 AM »

I am experiencing the same problem when I access my iMac from my Android Galaxy S4.. I have rebooted, uninstalled, reinstalled, on both the computer and my S4 and still nothing... surely there has got to be a fix! I have also tried all the above and am left with nothing... kinda hard navigating without a mouse/cursor. Please help!!

Try using older TeamViewer version 8.x for Mac, works for my Android-Mackintosh otherwise up to date setup. I regard it as a temporary solution before they release a fix in the 9.x version (at least that is what I think is needed to fix our issues).

Lyr

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2014, 02:22:25 AM »
Hi!

I have the same problem and no solution of the above works for me.
I can do anything but can't see any mouse pointer/textcursor or hand pointer when using my iphone and teamviewer to administrate my home mac.

I also recognize, that this is only a problem with iphone/teamviewer on OS X, because on an other machine with windows 7 it works fine!

Do you have any other tips? Or is there a fix coming?
I hope there will be a fast solution.

best regards
Jan - Lyr

Armstrong01

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 02:57:23 AM »
Hi!

I can do anything but can't see any mouse pointer/textcursor or hand pointer when using my iphone and teamviewer to administrate my home mac.

I also recognize, that this is only a problem with iphone/teamviewer on OS X, because on an other machine with windows 7 it works fine!

best regards
Jan - Lyr

Even the version 8.x for Mac doesn't show you a cursor? Just curious as it worked for me..

Lyr

« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2014, 04:12:00 AM »
Hi!

best regards
Jan - Lyr
Even the version 8.x for Mac doesn't show you a cursor? Just curious as it worked for me..

Hi Armstrong!

Ahh thx for that advice! I admit, that i didn't test that hint.
And now it seems to work with the old version 8 of team viewer perfectly.

Thx, happy that i can use it again now, hopefully they will fix the ver9 also.

cheers
Lyr