Author Topic: Network Protocol failed, Please try again -> Could not connect errors  (Read 5197 times)

mlgprokino

So everything was working fine last night. I have just installed Ubuntu 16.04 LTS last week, and everything is running fine except teamviewer, which was running fine last night. This morning, however, it started giving me this error. It also seems to be applying this error to my alternate computer, win 10 pro 64 bit. While last night I could connect to both computers from each other, and from my Galaxy S 5, I can't connect to any of them from any of the devices. I even tried switching from WiFi on my Phone to mobile data to see if it was an error within my network, but to no avail. I restarted my routers, but that hasn't changed anything, and is actually made the windows->ubuntu connect fail completely, rather than at protocols. Im not that experienced in networking, so I am rather confused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I am using Teamviewer 11 on both computers.

matt

Re: Network Protocol failed, Please try again -> Could not connect errors
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 04:50:47 PM »
so this is two separate physical computers, and not a single dual boot system??

mlgprokino

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 05:07:10 PM »
Yes, these are two separate computers. I managed to get them to communicate by specifying LAN only but I won't always be home so I need it to get fixed so that I can connect while on the go.

matt

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2016, 02:30:57 AM »
Check your firewalls

Can you use either machine to access another TV computer on the net?

mlgprokino

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2016, 07:06:43 AM »
I do not know how to access firewall settings on Ubuntu, as I am experimenting with it some, however I don't think anything changed on the firewalls, at least in the routers. I don't know why the either PC cannot connect to anything other than LAN. Is it possible that my account may be bugged and it will display PCs as online but cannot connect to them?

matt

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2016, 11:38:10 PM »
Both can only connect via LAN?

EIther that setting is selected in TV, or your network admin has banned TVV connections

Also for Ubuntu firewall >> https://help.ubuntu.com/16.04/ubuntu-help/net-firewall-on-off.html

anything