Author Topic: TeamViewer ID changes at random  (Read 15631 times)

alduins khajiit

TeamViewer ID changes at random
« on: May 07, 2014, 04:05:20 PM »
my TeamViewer ID changes for a particular computer at random! it has already changed three times for the same laptop! I have the same TeamViewer account and everything but my "your ID" ID changes at random and my old ID gets listed as an "offline" computer. how do I fix or get my old ID(s) back??

Admin

• Administrator
Re: TeamViewer ID changes at random
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 04:42:55 PM »
That is very odd because as i understand it the ID is hardware based so if you arent changing any hardware then its hard to say.  Id uninstall and reinstall teamviewer and try to see if that changes anything

alduins khajiit

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 05:07:56 PM »
one was after a BSOD that disabled my wireless adapter, and the other two was updating/reinstalling wireless adapter. not sure if that's related to it changing

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 03:53:25 AM »
very likely, perhaps driver updates caused it, id still do the un/reinstall of teamviewer and see what happens.

tshiatt

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 12:06:33 AM »
My Win10 (homemade) PC has changed ID's twice in the last four days. There have been no hardware changes. I had been connecting to locally networked machines less than an hour earlier.

The change occurred today after a reboot while attempting to resolve a mapped drive link that remains after the mapping was deleted.

I used my existing license to reactivate TeamViewer on both occasions. During my call to TeamViewer on the previous occasion, the tech had no idea why the ID would change, but walked me through the process of reactivating the service.

sammeat

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 03:29:08 AM »
I am using TeamViewer ver. 11 on my Dell Latitude laptop. My ID oscillates between 2 IDs. Because of that on every ID change I need to reactivate my licence. I have only 6 time activation left!!!
What happens if you run out of activations?

USER_TEAM_2016

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2016, 03:55:10 AM »
Same thing for me, ID change without any (identified) reason. My teamviewer is 11 Business on classic PC under Windows 10 pro.

anything