Author Topic: Protocol negotiation failed- error.  (Read 231287 times)

Statler

Protocol negotiation failed- error.
« on: August 24, 2011, 01:47:05 AM »
When trying to connect to my partner PC, I get most of the times the error message "Protocol negotiation failed. Please, try again." My PC is running on Windows 7 / TV 6.0.11052, the partner PC on Windows XP.

I have checked solutions mentioned in the two earlier threads. None of them worked.

Any ideas? Thanks!

TeamViewer

• TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet
Re: Protocol negotiation failed- error.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:40:23 AM »
HI,
can you please send your TeamViewer logfiles to support@teamviewer.com? Our support-team will check them and try to solve the problem.
Regards
Inga, TeamViewer

Statler

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 02:51:23 AM »
Hello Inga,

I can send you the logfiles of my computer but not of my partner PC. I will be at the physical location of my partner PC and then send them over to you.

Thank you very much!

djshreve

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2011, 06:17:16 AM »
I'm having similar issues. I have 5 computers. 4 work great but there is one that is very hard to connect to or I keep getting the same error. I can log into the 4 other computers from the the problem computer with no issues its just when trying to log on to this one computer from any of the other four is the problem.

2 PC's are Vista and 3 are XP. The problem one is XP.

I can send log files, just let me know from which computer(s) and how to do it.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 06:19:29 AM by djshreve »

vizyonok

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 10:08:13 AM »
I'm having similar issues. I have 5 computers. 4 work great but there is one that is very hard to connect to or I keep getting the same error. I can log into the 4 other computers from the the problem computer with no issues its just when trying to log on to this one computer from any of the other four is the problem.

2 PC's are Vista and 3 are XP. The problem one is XP.

I can send log files, just let me know from which computer(s) and how to do it.

Thanks!

I have totally the same stupid situation. It is exactly the same problem, but I got the following devices:
1 XP Home
2 XP Professional
1 XP Server
2 Win7
1 Android client

And the problem is with XP Server. I cannot be connected TO XP Server sometimes, and sometimes I can. But I can connect to any PC FROM XP Server anytime.
What is interesting: Firewall on XP Server is turned OFF and it is located in the same local network with 1 XP Professional and 2 Win7, which works great.

I already sent my log files to your tech support, but they couldn't find anything wrong in logs.
What could be the problem?

djshreve

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 10:10:48 AM »
i think it has something to do with hibernating your computer. At least that seemed to fix it for me, i don't hibernate my pc at night anymore but instead put it in standby mode and so far so good.

vizyonok

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 12:08:49 PM »
Do you mean not to hibernate that "problem" PC?
I never hibernate and standby that PC, because it is our database server and it is always online. I also reinstalled TeamViewer there several times, but nothing helps.

Statler

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 12:26:36 AM »
I updated the teamviewer software on the computer with XP, it seems it was a few months outdated. I have access to the computer now all the time and it works fine.

Thanks to the support team for not giving up on me :)