Author Topic: Version 6 Beta  (Read 5885 times)

K-pasa

Version 6 Beta
« on: November 30, 2010, 11:58:50 AM »
Has anyone had any experience with the Beta version 6 yet?  I've been taking a look at it, incorporating the company policies and such.  I'm liking what I see and the differences so far.  It seems a bit of code got overlooked however.
  We use Team Viewer Host on our users computers, and to do that we need a reliable reg file to duplicate reg settings.  In Options, under Advanced > Team Viewer Options > Export options to a *.reg file, it works okay, and exports the reg file, but all the entries are saved as if it's still version 5.1.  That is the registry entries are saved as:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TEAMVIEWER\VERSION5.1]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TEAMVIEWER\VERSION5.1\ACCESSCONTROL]

and
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\TEAMVIEWER\VERSION5.1]

So I guess my question is this.  If anyone has had any prior experience with TeamViewer beta's, how does one communicate this type of information to the developers other than opening a ticket?  I've looked, I don't see any beta communication links or developer email links at all.
  I apologize for the long winded question, and I appreciate any info.

ERS

Re: Version 6 Beta
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 04:54:01 PM »
Thats a good catch, and exactly what a beta tester should do, is catch little errors like that.

Make sure you pass along your find to the developers.

K-pasa

Re: Version 6 Beta
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 10:50:04 AM »
Actually, I'm a dumb***.  IN the Team Viewer window menu choices, one of those choices is actually "Beta Feedback".  I guess it would help to actually LOOK at what I'm testing. :-\

I've emailed a few suggestions and questions to them already, I'll post them on the forum as I get them.

anything