Author Topic: TV issues with Windows 7/XP  (Read 5744 times)

nrlaw

TV issues with Windows 7/XP
« on: December 23, 2010, 08:49:55 AM »
When I try to log onto my TV comp at work (Win 7) from my home comp (Win XP) it works fine the first time.  But once I abort or disconnect, I can no longer connect again.  The software says connected, but no monitor or file transfer box appears.  However, if I connect via my android phone, it works.

Anyone have any suggestions on whats going on?

Darkwing

• Night Owl Remote
Re: TV issues with Windows 7/XP
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 09:23:12 AM »
Hello,
What version of TV are you using? Ver 4, ver 5, ver 6, etc. Are they the same version on both machines?
Are you using the quick support module, the new 'host' module, or the full version and which machine has which?
Which firewall and antivirus are you using? (both machines)
My first thought would be that the problem lies on the vista machine since your Android phone can still connect to the xp machine.
If I were me the very first thing I would do is make sure both machines have the latest update of your version of TV. (Not that I think that would be the problem but it's something you should do anyway and removes that issue as a possible cause)

nrlaw

Re: TV issues with Windows 7/XP
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2010, 09:34:46 AM »
Hello,
What version of TV are you using? Ver 4, ver 5, ver 6, etc. Are they the same version on both machines?
Are you using the quick support module, the new 'host' module, or the full version and which machine has which?
Which firewall and antivirus are you using? (both machines)
My first thought would be that the problem lies on the vista machine since your Android phone can still connect to the xp machine.
If I were me the very first thing I would do is make sure both machines have the latest update of your version of TV. (Not that I think that would be the problem but it's something you should do anyway and removes that issue as a possible cause)

Hi, thanks for getting back!  I am indeed using the most recent version on all OS's Im using.  I use the Android TV and the Windows XP TV to connect to my office WIN 7 TV.  It is rare if ever at all to use it for any other connection than the ones listed above (including the above but in reverse).
I have AVG on all three machines, including the Android phone. I dont have Vista on any of the machines. The office comp is definitely behind a firewall but Im not sure which one (although I have checked and TV is checked off in the firewall settings to not be blocked).  If you let me know how to find out which Firewall Im behind Ill gladly do so and get back to you. However, i fit was a firewall issue, why would it work the first time and not subsequent times?  Also, when I do get back to the office I see the many open windows implying that TV was opened on the office end, it just never came to fruition on the home comp end.

anything