Author Topic: Show Black Screen - But how, precisely?  (Read 53581 times)

matt

Re: Show Black Screen - But how, precisely?
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 06:50:52 AM »
OK  :-\

I'm only trying to be helpful too.

I just tested using latest build.
I downloaded it to my laptop, and connected from my desktop to my laptop (in reality beside each other but TV wouldn't know that)
I set the 'black screen' from TV bar at the top of the remote window, by going Actions>> Show black Screen (this is the window on my desktop depicting the laptop screen)
I was prompted to install the driver, which I did.
The laptop screen went black.

Dell laptop and Dell desktop with dual Dell monitors.

What did I miss?
I see when this thread was started you were talking Ver 6. I could only find Ver 7 documentation on the web.

Have you upgraded both ends to latest production version?
Can you uninstall that Acer / Dell update?

pmolson

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2012, 06:16:01 PM »
Ok I got it to work, but IT SUCKS! the screen goes black , but starts flickering between normal & black screen...NOT VERY RELIABLE.
Does anyone know how to get a SOLID BLACK SCREEN? THX

pmolson

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 08:55:33 AM »
Any ideas guys? THX

matt

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 04:40:11 PM »
Did the driver install actually occur?

Try uninstalling and the re-installing latest version of Teanmiewer

Phred

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 12:54:26 AM »
Update on my experience so far, FYI:-

Microsoft has been supplying more updates lately, and in he latest package has been another Dell Controller &... - but the strange thing is, Tv seems to be targetting my second screen and putting in a 'Tv Gmbh' driver for it, removing the Eizo-provided and branded reference. =8-|
I have Dell U2711 and Eizo L568 monitors. 

I can't find references in any devices to the Acer updates Msft added , and while they're listed in Win7's update log they're NOT removable items.  Maybe they're just a driver file, not an entire 'update', per se.

The black screen wasn't operating when connecting from another (wireless) notebook on the LAN.  Now when trying through my KVM box from a Vista machine the offer to install the b/s driver again appears. I've declined, accepting the 'fallback' method - and THAT works!  Both screens.  Both into standby, wrt power.  Sheesh.

More to test, esp from the wireless notebook.

Re pmolson, down matt's route - give your system as much a cleanup as you can.  Run Ccleaner from both your account and from the administrator's, including the registry scrub (accept to save backups).  If you have another system cleaner you're happy with, run that too.
Do you have the latest driver package from your video adpater's manufacturer - usually big. Get that.
Do his suggested Screamviewer reinstall, too...
Reboot.

pmolson

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 02:00:33 AM »
No, I never got a prompt to install ad river!!!
I'll try your advise you guys...

Thanks

Phred

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 08:34:05 AM »
pmolson: With the latest Tv updates you may get the opportunity to accept the 'fallback' black screen option..
For the moment at least, do all this from an administrator's account.

UPDATE: Black Screen here seems to be behaving using the fallback alternative. Once again I'm being offered the installation of the black screen driver.  I'll try letting it go in later, from both standard and admin accounts, but right now, the fallback will do.
Why it's co-operating, I don't really know; maybe Msft's latest attempt inside the recent Dell Controller driver update.  :-|

johnbarley

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2013, 06:20:54 PM »
pmolson: With the latest Tv updates you may get the opportunity to accept the 'fallback' black screen option..
For the moment at least, do all this from an administrator's account.

UPDATE: Black Screen here seems to be behaving using the fallback alternative. Once again I'm being offered the installation of the black screen driver.  I'll try letting it go in later, from both standard and admin accounts, but right now, the fallback will do.
Why it's co-operating, I don't really know; maybe Msft's latest attempt inside the recent Dell Controller driver update.  :-|

Can someone explain how the 'fallback' works? Is it reliable?

anything