Author Topic: Can't work with Dual Monitors  (Read 120391 times)

kaio123

Re: Can't work with Dual Monitors
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2013, 10:50:35 AM »
hello,
i am trying out teamviewer for its dual monitor advantage over logmein. I have the latest version 8. my remote machine has win7 and my client machine has either mac or linux. the previous user seppie mentioned

- Check that "Pop out monitors as individual windows" is on

Where is this setting. i want to be able to pop both windows so that i can move them to each monitor instead of spanning the window across since my monitors have different resolutions and size. please help

matt

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 09:43:19 PM »
When you make a connection, there is a Teamviewer connection bar across the top
Select View >> Active monitor >> Pop out monitiors as individual windows

agray34

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2013, 10:52:01 AM »
I am connecting from a MacBook client machine to a remote Windows XP machine. I would like to view my dual monitors on the remote machine here locally at the same time. I do not have the option Select View >> Active monitor >> Pop out monitiors as individual windows when I am connected. Both version of Team Viewer are up to date. Is this a limitation of a cross platform connection?

cindychoi108

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2013, 06:18:31 AM »
Hi, I started a meeting on my Windows desktop and selected "Show All Monitors" and it seems to show all 3 monitors.

When i join the meeting with my iPad, it still says "Presenting all screens" in the meeting, but it only shows one screen at a time.

The remote control app on the ipad works great, there is a button where you an switch from screen to screen, but I don't see this button in the meeting app on the ipad

Timmy Fireballs

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2013, 07:52:00 AM »
Here's somewhat of a solution.

1.  Connect to your destination PC.
2.  Choose Monitor 1
3.  Create a second connection to your destination PC. 
4.  It'll say something along the lines of "There is already a connection... Would you like to establish another connection?"  Choose Connect.
5.  Choose Monitor 2.

You are done.  Seems dumb, I know.

matt

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2013, 05:06:36 AM »
That is a cool solution - good work

mb2o

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2013, 11:37:32 AM »
I found that disabling the "Open new connections in tabs" option from Teamviewer options > Remote control solves the problem. Also make sure you have checked the "Pop out monitors as individual windows" option

Frisky Grub

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 06:12:58 PM »
I had the same issue. After messing around with the monitor 1 monitor 2 pop out both monitors buttons to no avail I noticed in the top left corner of the Team Viewer window there are two connection IDs. I right clicked one and then clicked 'move to new window'

Problem Solvered

theokoimtzis

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 05:21:41 PM »
This used to work in the past. I am not sure whether it is because I am now using Windows 8 and connecting to a PC which runs windows 7 or if it is a newly introduced bug in Teamviewer (9.0.24951). I tried every option available and nothing will work. Either way this feature should work regardless of Windows version.

When I select show both monitors, the pop-up individual windows option becomes greyed out.

Establishing two connections as some suggested above does not sound ideal for it uses up additional resources and bandwidth.

Both my machines have dual monitors (extended mode) and all I am trying to do is to pop up an individual window for each of the two remote monitors as I did in the past. At the moment the best I can do is view both remote monitors in a single Teamviewer window, which is no good as I need to keep scrolling left and right, and besides the resolution is adjusted such as both monitors can fit in a single window, which makes them appear too small making the feature that displays two monitors in a single window almost useless.

Can the Teamviewer team please take a look into this and work out a solution? This most useful feature worked in the past so I guess it can't be to difficult to get it to work again.

Thanks

Hugger

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 11:52:35 AM »
I'm having the same issues as theokoimtzis. Only difference is both my machines are running Windows 7. The duel monitor options worked great in version 8, but stopped working in version9.

prozac

« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2015, 02:06:23 PM »
What I did was:
- Connect to other PC
- Select monitor 1
- Exit fullscreen mode
- Select monitor 2

And there is your second screen. Now enter fullscreen mode in both windows and enjoy  ;D

Thank you so much. This worked!

it was initially greyed out so i selected monitor 1, then selected pop out and then top right selected the 2nd tab and rightclicked to move to new window.

wohooo

MrSafety

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2017, 11:38:13 PM »
 :)This worked like a charm for me.
Whish we could up vote replies this should be at the top!
Thanks Seppie

What I did was:
- Connect to other PC
- Select monitor 1
- Exit fullscreen mode
- Select monitor 2

And there is your second screen. Now enter fullscreen mode in both windows and enjoy  ;D

anything