Author Topic: TW ceased functioning on Ubuntu 12.04 reinstall do not solve  (Read 11809 times)

ginsi

I installed TW on a freshly installed Ubuntu 12.04 (Precise Pangolin). After one or two successful sessions (if I remember correctly), it ceased functioning (i.e. became unable to be started). I tried reinstall and also the "no installation" version. No success.

I tried two times starting TW ("no install" version) from the terminal. I noticed that the two runs of the startup gave different results, i.e. the same output to the terminal, but different outputs of the wine log.

Wine log first run:
TeamViewer: 7.0.9350
Profile: /home/nanni (nanni)
Desktop: ubuntu
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:   Ubuntu
Description:   Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Release:   12.04
Codename:   precise

err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"C:\\windows\\system32\\stdole2.tlb" failed with error 2
err:module:import_dll Library ddraw.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\dxdiagn.dll") not found
err:ole:TLB_ReadTypeLib Loading of typelib L"mshtml.tlb" failed with error 2
err:mshtml:register_server typelib registration failed: 80029c4a
err:module:import_dll Library msi.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\windows\\system32\\msiexec.exe") not found
err:winedevice:ServiceMain driver L"MountMgr" failed to load
wine: configuration in '/home/nanni/Desktop/teamviewer7/profile' has been updated.
ldd: /home/nanni/Desktop/teamviewer7/.wine/drive_c/Program: No such file or directory
ldd: Files/TeamViewer/Version7/tvwine.dll.so: No such file or directory
** Using fallback library for libXtst.so.6
ldd: /home/nanni/Desktop/teamviewer7/.wine/drive_c/Program: No such file or directory

Error: Failed to substitue missing libXtst.so

Wine log 2nd run:
TeamViewer: 7.0.9350
Profile: /home/nanni (nanni)
Desktop: ubuntu
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:   Ubuntu
Description:   Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
Release:   12.04
Codename:   precise

** Using fallback library for libXtst.so.6

Error: Failed to substitue missing libXtst.so

This 2nd wine log suggests a problem with the space in the directory name "Program files", but I think that has to be a "secondary effect" of a different problem.
Note that I have repeated the entire process (unpack kit to directory, two startup) two times with identical results..

I will try reinstall entirely Ubuntu; but in the mean time, any suggestion?

Ciao.

ginsi

Re: TW ceased functioning on Ubuntu 12.04 reinstall do not solve
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 02:36:13 AM »
Just in case that somebody is interested:

Perhaps I made a little mistake by saying that the Ubuntu was "freshly installed"; in fact it had been installed since a few hours during which I had installed Matlab. So I eventually discovered (by reinstalling etc etc), that there was some compatibility issue between TV and Matlab (?!?).
What I have observed is that installing Ubuntu - installing TV - testing TV - installing Matlab - testing TV (in this sequence), TV was working immediately before Matlab installation, ad it was dead immediately after.
Even if I was not able to understand where the problem exactly was  >:(, I finally found a workaround: installing the version 5.0.xx of TV (which, from the point of view of Wine compatibility (°)  is a "platinum" application&version), the two (TV and Matlab) peacefully live together...
Maybe somebody is able to cast some light... :o

(°) yes, you know, the TV "Linux" version is a Windows version in bundle with Wine..

anything