Author Topic: Unable to establish web client session with Chrome, new  (Read 6065 times)

waylo

Unable to establish web client session with Chrome, new
« on: November 08, 2014, 11:21:36 PM »
This is an odd problem that only started recently.

I've been using Chrome to login to Teamviewer to manage a home theater PC.  It was working great up until a day or so ago, I believe.

The remote computer is using the web-based client to log into the home theater PC which is running Teamviewer.

The login screen will act like it is logging in, but then cuts out immediately to the logged out page.  If I monitor the progress on the HTPC, it will say "incoming connections..." followed by "authentication failed"

I am using my Teamviewer manager account, so I am not putting in a faulty password.

If I use Firefox or IE from the same computer, it works just fine.  I have tried clearing the Chrome browser cache/etc but still have the same problem popping up.

I do not know if recent updates in Chrome, or Java, or some other Windows update might have spurred this new problem?

waylo

Re: Unable to establish web client session with Chrome, new
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2014, 03:18:32 PM »
Oddly, this seems to only affect one computer. I've tried it on other computers running Chrome in my network and they can login and start sessions just fine.

I've tried incognito mode, which should remove any prior caches/cookies within this browser.  I've also tried clearing cache/etc with no help either.

matt

Re: Unable to establish web client session with Chrome, new
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2014, 04:13:48 AM »
I'm wondering if the troublesome computer is running the chrome extension 'Chrome Remote Desktop'