Author Topic: Error when trying to open teamvieweer  (Read 37659 times)

ninjaprod

Re: Error when trying to open teamvieweer
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2011, 09:37:50 PM »
been 2 weeks still no responce

TeamViewer

• TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2011, 08:30:28 AM »
Hello ninjaprod,

Thank you very much for your reply. Please excuse the delay, we had to check your log files and processes deeply - second and third level support were involved.

The communication between the system service and the TeamViewer.exe fails. This problem could either appear when (1) a security software blocks the communication attempts or (2) malware blocks connections of security and support software. I can see that you've deactivated the Windows firewall (screenshot 1). Do you run any additional security (antivirus, firewall etc.) software? If not: Have you installed any security software in the past and uninstalled it later on? Sometimes several services from security software remain on your computer and you have to remove them with a special software tool, you could download on the security software website.

Sorry, that I have to be vague, but the only thing I see is that something blocks TeamViewer and doesn't allow our software to communicate.

Best regards
Ben
TeamViewer

Leonid.K

« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2011, 08:32:47 AM »
Hello ninjaprod,

Thank you very much for your reply. Please excuse the delay, we had to check your log files and processes deeply - second and third level support were involved.

The communication between the system service and the TeamViewer.exe fails. This problem could either appear (1) a security software blocks the communication attempts or (2)
... <Skipped>
Sorry, that I have to be vague, but the only thing I see is that something blocks TeamViewer and doesn't allow our software to communicate.

Best regards
Ben
TeamViewer

Hello, dear All.
I had same problem and fixed it. That was "(1) a security software blocks the communication attempts".
After installing Avast 5 Free on my notebook I got problem running TeamViewer. Uninstalling Avast did not solve it.  Main problem is that Avast cant be pure removed uninstalling it using Control Panel.
“Sometimes it´s not possible to uninstall avast! the standard way - using the ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS in control panel. In this case, you can use our uninstallation utility aswClear” (source: http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility).
General idea is download “special removing software” and uninstalls blocking AntiVirus/FireWall accordingly its manual. In my case it was:
1.   Download aswclear.exe on your desktop
2.   Start Windows in Safe Mode
3.   Open (execute) the uninstall utility
4.   If you installed avast! in a different folder than the default, browse for it. (Note: Be careful! The content of any folder you choose will be deleted!)
5.   Click REMOVE
6.   Restart your computer

Hope such approach will help you, dear All.

Best Reagards
Leonid K.

anything