Author Topic: Teamviewer says "Connected to partner" then "ready to connect", wont connect  (Read 152736 times)

getmeek

I have my remote computers connected to an APC Masterswitch that allows me to reboot any of the computers remotely by temporarily cutting off the power to the computer.  But APC stopped making that device years ago.

Until Teamviewer solves the underlying problem, you can use Task Scheduler or other similar program (such as SystemScheduler) on the remote computer to schedule a periodic reboot of the remote computer.  You can schedule the running of a batch file consisting of this line:  shutdown -r -f

methos5000sewi

It just may be that the PC's are going to sleep. Disable sleep settings in Windows Power Management. Also go into your NIC's (network card) properties, in Device Manager, and disable the "Allow Windows to turn this device off to save power" options. Also, make sure to ENABLE any Wake-on-LAN settings you find there (as well as in your BIOS).

getmeek

This problem has resumed for me, and rebooting the remote computer by other means does not solve the problem.  I just get a screen saying "Connecting to [name of computer", but the connection never happens.

gm74

I had the very same problem last month when I updated the nvidia driver from 314.x to 320.x After I reverted it back it was working again. I should test 32x.x drivers to see if it was fixed or not.

Edit: nope, 326.x beta still breaks Teamviewer remote control for me. Last working version is 314.x :[
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 12:24:49 AM by gm74 »

getmeek

And, no, the PCs are not going to sleep.

kwiiby

I apologize for being resurrecting this topic, but, I resolved this problem by closing uTorrent.

miniml

I have teamviewer 7 full version on my home PC.  Sometimes when trying to connect to it, teamviewer will go from "Connecting" to "Connected to partner" but not connect.  Then a few seconds later team viewer says "Ready to connect" again without ever connecting to the remote PC.  I am currently on the west coast and the PC is on the east coast so I have no way to reboot it.  This last time I was connected, trying to allow remote desktop connections.  It said I needed to turn on windows firewall first.  When I did this I lost connection and now having this problem, but this problem has occured in the past regardless of windows firewall setting.  Do I have any recourse??

Ironically. This started to happen as soon as we upgraded to paid version. Free version works fine.