Author Topic: "Commercial Use Suspected": Workarounds?  (Read 9040 times)

PeteCress

"Commercial Use Suspected": Workarounds?
« on: March 16, 2018, 07:46:24 AM »
After adding my #2 daughter's PC to my account, TV started throwing a "Commercial Use Suspected" dialog and, I suspect, limiting my connect time to just a few minutes.

Is it based strictly on the number of computers in my account?

If so, would removing computers from the account and just connecting to them directly over the LAN help get rid of that message?

Needless-to-say, no commercial usage whatsoever here...

ERS

Re: "Commercial Use Suspected": Workarounds?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2018, 09:48:47 PM »
I just ran into the same issue:

I haven't used the program for months and logged on to help a family...within minutes it disconnected and when i reconnected i was meet with the Commercial use suspected" as well.
there is NO chance my use could be determined to be commercial by any sense of the word.

I found a teamviewer page that indicated:

"There can be cases where TeamViewer incorrectly detects commercial use and limits your connectivity even though you don't violate the license conditions. In such cases we can investigate and unblock the software for you. If you believe you use TeamViewer exclusively for private purposes, please contact us through this form for TeamViewer Commercial Use Suspected."
the link is:
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/commercial-use-suspected/

It seems the ONLY way to maybe get it removed is to use that form to request they investigate, which i have done, and attached the last log file.
Says it can take up to 30 days, we shall see.  If they deny me then something screwy is up because there is NO way , again my use could be thought to be commercial.

ERS

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 03:34:36 PM »
just and update:  I used the link i posted, sent a log and was "unlocked" within a week.
They looked at the log and it was clear no commercial use.
Easy.

WINDOWS8PRO

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:11:56 PM »
This commercial use message kinda pisses me off. I am not using TV for commercial use and I resent the "accusation."  I own several PCs at 2 locations. My home, and across the street at my inlaw's home. I mostly only use TV to remotely turn off the PCs at the inlaw's so I don't have to walk over there. Now and then a file transfer. Maybe it's the number of PCs, I dunno. I sent the form, guess I'll have to wait.

Meanwhile, looking for an alternative.

UmbertoS

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2018, 07:32:33 AM »
I didn't even know there was an option to do this. I'm going to send them a form and see what happens. Cheers!

PeteCress

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 04:12:04 PM »
Meanwhile, looking for an alternative.
I am currently evaluating Chrome Remote Desktop (free) and DameWare (several hundred bucks).

One of my "Musts" is Windows/Android connectivity.

For just Windows/Windows, Ultraviewer (free) seems pretty good.

Jury is still out on DameWare's Android aspect, so  Chrome Remote Desktop is currently at the top of my Short List.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 04:18:39 PM by PeteCress »

acooldozen

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2018, 09:02:11 AM »
Got the same issue here. Reported via link offered over a week ago and still no response!?