Author Topic: Teamviewer use with Samsung Tab3 10.1  (Read 3938 times)

PGR

Teamviewer use with Samsung Tab3 10.1
« on: November 01, 2014, 02:04:20 PM »
My sister is moving my parents away from me and I'd like to send my android tablet with them so I can video chat, share photos, etc. Dad's 92 and Mom's 94 and they no longer have the mental capacity to deal with electronic gadgets beyond turning them on and off and plugging 'em in to charge, so I want to use TeamViewer to basically run the tablet for them and keep it updated from my home.

The tablet is a Samsung Tab3 10.1 w/ Android 4.4.2 KitKat (unrooted) and my home computer is running Win 8.1 Pro. I have the TeamViewer QuickSupport app and Samsung add-on installed on the tablet and the TeamViewer full version installed on my home computer. Everything seems to work OK but there are a couple of things I can't seem to do with the setup:

While using the tablet hands-on I can press & hold the home button for a moment which brings up the Recent Apps screen where I can "Close All" apps with a tap or close individual apps with a swipe. Once I get the screen open using the button I can close apps via TeamViewer, but the problem is I can't seem to open the Recent Apps screen via TeamViewer. In other words, clicking & holding the home button via TeamViewer does nothing. Does anyone know how to access the Recent Apps screen via TeamViewer?

Also, is there any way to get my desktop computer's cursor to show up on the tablet's screen? I'd like to be able to point with the cursor and have my dad do the clicking (touching) when I need to keep him engaged.

Thanks!

Pete

Admin

• Administrator
Re: Teamviewer use with Samsung Tab3 10.1
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »
I wish i could be of more assistance but i will lead you a bit..hopefully someone can help but in the mean time, for perhaps a more direct response form teamviewer( as this forum is just user supported)
try to start a support ticket first:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/createticket.aspx

And then also post it to the facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/teamviewer

You may get a more detailed response.

anything