Author Topic: Teamviewer Lock on Session End  (Read 136377 times)

Darknessdanielc

Teamviewer Lock on Session End
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:10:19 AM »
Hi

I know the "Lock on session end" is a great feature in the new release, but how to I default it to off? I trust all the computers I connect to, they are friends' or relatives' computers, so it's getting quite annoying actually having it lock after I'm done helping them (Or even after connecting to one of my own computers). I know I can work around it by going to Actions > Lock and unchecking "Lock on session end", but at the moment I'm having to click that for every single session I'm on.

Let me know if I can turn this feature off by default, or please implement it in the near future!

Daniel

Darknessdanielc

Re: Teamviewer Lock on Session End
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 02:46:57 AM »
Hello? I would like to know how to resolve this still..

getmeek

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 03:49:15 PM »
I also have this problem.

ERS

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »
my seems sto stay defaulted off, so it does work.

ive had luck sending a support ticket:
http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=1363.0

Teamviewer does offer a ticket system for the private user:
You can navigate to this page and submit a ticket
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/createticket.aspx
choose "private" category then "next", then fill out the form and submit.

Let them know perhaps they can ask more specific questions , report back

getmeek

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 04:34:42 PM »
It certainly does not stay "off" for me.

getmeek

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 04:36:16 PM »
I do not see a reason to request private assistance on this via a support ticket.  The answer should be for everyone to see and can just as easily be posted here as in a private session.

getmeek

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »
In order to get the answer for everyone, I have requested Teamviewer tech support to "Please answer the problem described at http://teamviewerforums.com/index.php?topic=1668.0."

Darknessdanielc

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2013, 08:04:18 AM »
Ok thankyou very much, let me know if they get back to you on anything :)

getmeek

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 04:01:41 PM »
Tech support has responded with this non-answer:

"You can disable this feature by going to Actions-> Lock Computer within the connection. Please make sure that this option is not checked."

Yes, we know that.  But we want to set this option to "not checked" by default, so we do not have to uncheck it every time we use TV.

DonGateley

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2013, 05:29:51 PM »
Please?  Even an answer that is unacceptable is better than silence.

getmeek

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2013, 05:42:53 PM »
I received another incorrect answer from technical support:

On 2/28/2013 12:28 PM, Juan Palacio wrote:

"Thank you very much for your feedback. As a default this option is not active. When you activate the option to lock on session end it will save this option. Once this is active it will also carry to the mobile devices, and can only be disabled on a machine."

I wrote back:

"That is simply not true.  I have never checked `lock on session end' to be on.  It turns itself on, randomly. I never use mobile devices."

DonGateley

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2013, 06:57:49 PM »
I received another incorrect answer from technical support:

On 2/28/2013 12:28 PM, Juan Palacio wrote:

"Thank you very much for your feedback. As a default this option is not active. When you activate the option to lock on session end it will save this option. Once this is active it will also carry to the mobile devices, and can only be disabled on a machine."

I wrote back:

"That is simply not true.  I have never checked `lock on session end' to be on.  It turns itself on, randomly. I never use mobile devices."

That used to be true and I hope it remains the intent.  Support hasn't caught on yet to the fact that it is now broken or if they have or if the intent has changed they apparently don't want to address that.  It breaks my work flow and is driving me nuts.

The silence makes me fear that the change is a knee jerk to "enhance security" and is entirely intentional.  Regardless of what the case may be they are being irresponsible in failing to address it.

getmeek

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2013, 03:08:40 AM »
Randomly turning on the lock does not enhance safety.  It is a bug.

ERS

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2013, 09:28:03 AM »

I inquired about random turning on of lock on session end, this is the response i received:

Thank you very much for your message.
It is not likely that it is turning on or off randomly, it is entirely based on the state of the computer when you connected to the system.
If you've connected to the system while it was locked or at windows login screen, the option will always be on by default if this is not desirable, please disable the option after you connect. You will of course see it enabled again if the system is again at a locked screen on the next connection.
If you've connected to the system while it was unlocked you should not be seeing the option to lock on session end unless the option was selected at some other point.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Andrew Kamback
-Support Technician-

-----------------------
TeamViewer Inc. -  www.teamviewer.com

3001 North Rocky Point Drive East, Suite 200
Tampa, FL 33607
Phone 800-951-4573 - Fax 855-891-0177

getmeek

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2013, 06:03:04 PM »
The response from Teamviewer is incorrect.  The lock turns on randomly, regardless of the state of the computer when I connect to it.  I most certainly do not connect to the computer while is was locked or while it is at windows login screen.

The first suggestion is absurd; if the computer were locked, I could not get into it with Teamviewer in the first place.  If Teamviewer has locked it, I enter the password and then uncheck the option for locking upon leaving.  Randomly, Teamviewer again locks it anyway.  I come back the next day to find it locked.  This happens on several computers, not just one.

So Teamviewer offers no solution to this problem.

anything