Author Topic: Teamviewer Lock on Session End  (Read 136381 times)

TNRC51

Re: Teamviewer Lock on Session End
« Reply #60 on: September 28, 2016, 08:28:55 AM »
I was just having this issue with an open session.  HOWEVER, in my case I clicked the "ACTIONS" icon on the tool bar, open the lock dropdown and unchecked the box for "lock on session end".  Then I could exit as normal.  YMMV

Bajan_Gemini

« Reply #61 on: January 05, 2017, 01:26:46 AM »
I found an settings under advanced options, lock remote computer and it was set to always. I put it to never. I will see if that stops this from happening. Just thought I would share it.

klimuga

« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2017, 04:16:02 AM »
ah ok ..looking into it

Funny that this thread is 4 years old and the issue is still present. With 74 THOUSAND views of this thread this is the 10th most viewed thread on this forum, as far as I see? I think product manager should think about it.

Meanwhile, in the version of TeamViewer that I'm using there is no "ACTIONS" button at all. This seemed to be the only reasonable advice on the thread...
Don't have any clue what to do then. Will go and try private messages in the support team...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 04:19:13 AM by klimuga »

blastfemur

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2017, 11:27:39 AM »
From the PC you are connect from, go to 'Extras' --> 'Options' --> 'Advanced' --> 'Show advanced options' --> scroll down to the bold section 'Advanced settings for connections to other computers' and there you will see an option with a dropdown: 'Lock Remote Computer' with options 1) Always, 2) Never, and 3) Automatic

Not sure if this is the exact answer to the original question (as I merely skimmed it, noticed it was QUITE old and jumped to the end) but it has worked for me thus far. If I set 'Always' .. all computers I connect to from the connecting PC will lock when I disconnect the session to the remote PC. (IE: home PC connects to work PC and, once finished, I disconnect and the work PC locks itself). Conversely, if I am at work and connect to home and I set to 'Never', when I disconnect from that home PC it does not lock.

Perhaps this will help some, like myself, who were simply looking for this setting.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2017, 11:31:43 AM by blastfemur »

BubbyPear

« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2017, 02:10:09 PM »
You have to open TeamViewer on your client computer. If it is a Windows computer, you need to go to TeamViewer > Extras > Options > Advanced > Show Advanced Options > Advanced settings for connections to other computers > Lock remote computer > Never. I am unsure how to do this on any other operating system because I only use TeamViewer with Windows.

glnz

« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2017, 01:03:36 PM »
I am using TV Portable at my PC at work as the "client".  When I use it to check my home PC as the "host", when I sign off, my home PC "host" is then locked.  I don't want that.

I can't get "Never" to stick in my TV Portable.  There also doesn't seem to be any related setting in the TeamViewer.ini file for the TV Portable at my PC at work.

Very annoying.  Help!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 01:07:08 PM by glnz »