Author Topic: How install on the remote site a new version of TV ? Avoid uninstall first?  (Read 4896 times)

pstein

Assume on the remote site TV service is more or less successfully running.

Now a new TV version is releassed.

How can I install this new version at the remote site (of cause without physically sitting in front of the remote computer) ?

The problem is, that if I start the installation process of the new TV version I am prompted:" At first the existing TV must be uninstalled."

If I allow uninstallation of old (=current) TV then I cannot access the remote computer any more to complete installation of the new TV version.

Is there a solution for that?

Peter

TeamViewer

• TeamViewer - Free Remote Access and Remote Desktop Sharing over the Internet
Hi,
the new version can be installed over the previous version on the computers, it is not required to remove the old version before installing the update.
The easiest way to update TeamViewer remotely is to click on "Extras" ==> "Remote Update" (during a TeamViewer session).
If you have install an older version 6 of TeamViewer there will be an automatic message when your partner's PC is available again. By using version 5 (on the remote PC) you have to try it after a few minutes. The password does not change.
Regards
Inga, TeamViewer Germany

ArcoWitter

One warning... I use Comodo, which pops up when a program has changed because of an install. This means the remote computer is not accessible anymore because Comodo prevents the remote connection to that newly updated program.

anything