Author Topic: TeamViewer Installation Confusing  (Read 5466 times)

68cougar89

TeamViewer Installation Confusing
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:49:20 PM »
I installed TeamViewer on my computer for the purpose of doing Remote Maintenance on my Moms computer.  I live in Philippines & my Mom lives in Michigan.  I have no idea what check boxes to use during the installation.  It appears that TeamViewer configures itself so that Other people can control My computer.  I do not want that.  I need to control my Moms computer.  If my Mom installs TeamViewer, it will install the same way, so somebody else (Me) can control her computer.  There is only one installation program downloadable from the TeamViewer website.  What program do I need to download/install to control my Moms computer?  Apparently TeamViewer only allows Others to control My computer, but does NOT allow me control my Moms computer. 

BTW:  The installation instructions are Very Confusing

68cougar89

Admin

• Administrator
Re: TeamViewer Installation Confusing
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 01:45:37 PM »
When you install TV on your moms computer it will present you with a teamviewer ID.
When you start Teamviewer on your machine you click on the "remote control" tab and type the 9 digit TV Id that appears on your moms computer in the "partner ID" box.  (You will also need the random password that is generated on your moms system.)
then "click connect to partner", as long as you moms computer is up and teamviewer is running you should be able to connect.

My advice once you get connected to your moms computer go to:
Extra/options
in the box that opens check the box that says" start teamviewer with windows"
then in the left column click "security"
now add a password( twice)
and down a bit farther next to "windows logon" in the drop down, click "allowed for all users" and then access control, "full access".
Click ok.
Now you should be able to access your moms computer any time it is on, even if she is not there.
IF she has a windows logon password, you will need to know that if the computer reboots.

anything