Author Topic: Teamviewer Lock on Session End  (Read 136378 times)

Darknessdanielc

Re: Teamviewer Lock on Session End
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 01:39:02 AM »
Wow they just can't provide a straight answer can they? :p Anyway I'm as frustrated as you are but at least we've alerted them to this issue, if they can't provide a workaround at the moment let's hope it's fixed in some future update.. It's great you've been so persistent with them though, thanks for that :)

Daniel

getmeek

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2013, 08:34:16 PM »
Happened again today.

getmeek

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2013, 08:54:15 PM »
Many times today.  In fact, on one of my remote computers, it happens every time.  That is, whenever I connect, the line is checked for Lock on Session End.  Every time.  I uncheck it and stop the connection.  When I start it again, again that line is checked for Lock on Session End.  So I have to uncheck it again.  I have to uncheck it at the end of every session to avoid having the remote computer locked.

Please allow a default to be set to NOT Lock on Session End.

Mave

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2013, 02:41:49 AM »
This option just pisses me off to no end. Every damn time. I connect to a lot of computers because my friends are complete idiots when it comes to technology. Even something as simple as downloading is too hard.

Now, please, give us anything to turn this off.

(also, wow, these forums.. registering is REALLY hard because you have to go back and forth in between pages, rather than instantly giving you an answer that something's not right. And PLEASE, do not send the password to your e-mail. How dumb cna you be? Security security security.)

matt

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2013, 05:51:54 AM »
FYI

I think that this is a fan run forum, and not an official TV forum, although TV support do come here a bit.
Try lodging a ticket via official means >> http://www.teamviewer.com/en/help/createticket.aspx

ERS

« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 04:21:00 PM »
Interesting observation about the lock on disconnect:
Today after logging into a friends account an checking a couple things, i UNchecked, "lock on disconnect"
I then rebooted (remotely) the machine and found, that Lock on disconnected was once again, checked.
As it happens, her windows account is a standard user account and i need to switch to an administrator account to complete a task.
After i logged into the administrator account, i looked and "lock on disconnect was CHECKED" so i unchecked it, rebooted and logged into the standard user account..
lock on disconnect was still unchecked and it seems to be staying that way.

I wonder or it seems if it is necessary to UNcheck "lock on disconnect" while in an administrator account in order for it to "stick"

getmeek

« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 04:37:55 PM »
Lock on Session End continues to occur randomly on my remote computers.  I am the administrator of all of them and am always in an administrator account, so that is not the problem.

getmeek

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2013, 03:11:14 PM »
This problem continues to occur.  Apparently, Teamviewer is not interested in addressing it.

johnbarley

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2013, 05:58:27 PM »
Lock on Session End continues to occur randomly on my remote computers.  I am the administrator of all of them and am always in an administrator account, so that is not the problem.

I have the opposite problem. I want lock on session end to ALWAYS occur but it seems to randomly NOT occur even when checked. LOL.

Marius.D

« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2013, 02:53:08 PM »
I registered specifically to complain about this new feature.  Like many others, this new default setting really destroys my work flow and I use Teamviewer alot.  90% of my work is done using remote connection.

I don't want Teamviewer to believe that this issue has gone away.  I am another customer that your new default setting has really affected negatively.  The way it is now implemented is having a definite negative impact.

Surely this setting can have a checkbox type of affair.  The customer decides whether to implement the lock by placing a checkmark in the box or removing it and it stays that way permanently until the customer decides to change it.  The software is NOT doing a good job of it automatically. 

Make sense, let the customer decide whether or not they want to implement it.

getmeek

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2013, 03:24:11 PM »
For me, the problem continues to occur.

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2013, 04:03:09 PM »
How many with the issue have lodged a complaint or submitted a service ticket?
Use the link in my signature if you haven't yet or if its been a while since the last one, persistence can be affective.

matt

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »
I just don't see this at all with my windows machines.
I wonder what is different about my setup?

Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2013, 04:43:49 PM »
again i ned to point to the idea of unchecking the "lock on session end" while the PC user is logged in as administrator.
It holds for me.

getmeek

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2013, 05:38:55 PM »
Whenever I see that the lock has spontaneously been engaged for session end, I uncheck the box and exit.  Next time I go to that remote, the box has checked itself back on.  That is the problem.